Single Hopper Cabinet - Hopper 2 Hack

Reg

The recent cabinet I have been working on only has a single hopper for £1.

All was working well until I went to install Disco Inferno.

This machine was setup like so...

image.png.0832df5cede8f52138ffd620068c46c5.png

...the key point being a single £1 hopper as hopper 2.

With the cabinet configuration you can't get hopper 1 as far as I am aware to act as hopper 2 as you only have one output on the PacDrive hooked in.

My setup screen should look like this for a single hopper connected to PacDrive 1-1.

image.png.5488c235794b536d58ca05526c439d10.png

Hopper one is configured to key [ on the iPac as shown.  This goes to connection 2B on my iPac, yours would be different.

image.thumb.png.88c2103d2b696a8edc3019c26f72f4a9.png

By installing a jumper wire as shown below and configuring iPac 2A to ] you can setup a virtual second hopper.

image.thumb.png.ba6d53fb856e8f92772230984ac11d66.png

This allows this configuration to work on this game that has Hopper 2 for the £1 coins.

image.png.bb71ae2cf27d8365deee87c0558ac983.png

Note the change from Hopper 1 to Hopper 2 under the type.  This makes Disco Inferno work correctly on machines that have a single hopper.

There is another way you could do this I suspect by configuring the input on the iPac to be both [ and ] with a macro, there is no reason that will not work.  I have chosen this method as I wanted to have the ability if I want in the future to install a second hopper and replace the jumper cable with a direct cable.

Probably not of interest to everyone - but I also write these things down and post them so I can remember what I did in the future.

That's a great idea Reg. Some of the older scorpion 4 machines which have 2 hoppers play havoc with my setup for some reason. Something to do with how the 2 checkboxes are used in MFME. I've tried allsorts to fix it and am assured that it can be fixed, but I've given up with those particular machines for now. It either pays out from the wrong hopper or fails to read the coin count and empties the hopper instead. 😭

I think this is a great idea for single hoppers setups which will alleviate that problem.  Thanks for sharing

I have come across the following that like to swop the main hopper if that helps?
Twin Dragon DX
and the following clubbers
Very Rich Geezer
Club Rd Hot 6
Frame and Fortune
Wild Jackpots.

For me on 2 hoppers, I added a key switch to my cab. This swops opto 1 wires with opto 2,  and that lets me change hopper 1 with hopper 2 in Pacdrive settings. Otherwise payouts go mental.

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project!