Pink Panther £8/20p Dx 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Thanks to @Player uploading countless excellent images i thought i'd redo some of my earlier layouts starting with this decal change of pink panther to £8 jp

i had a few issues with changing the stakes/prizes on the scorp4 sets where it locked up on 40p, i solved this problem by running a newer scorp5 set1 rom and it runs good

the only issue you will find is when you get the jackpot the machine slows down but completes its jingle, this maybe due to multiple blended lamps within various parts of the layout

shortcuts are the same as other versions

play this in mfme v20.1

Enjoy and Happy Gaming

May go back to 2013 for a few clubbers i did back then to revamp??

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

In addition to my previous comment, I got the 3 red bombs and therefore invincible but it slowed to such an extent that I had to force close MFME. I changed the layout size beforehand, but am unsure why it would do this.

I hope a fix can be found, if possible. :)

3 hours ago, Multi Retro Man said:

In addition to my previous comment, I got the 3 red bombs and therefore invincible but it slowed to such an extent that I had to force close MFME. I changed the layout size beforehand, but am unsure why it would do this.

I think it’s the top name logo this is extensively blended maybe removed all blended lamps and use just a few may it’ll  speed things up

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

I think it’s the top name logo this is extensively blended maybe removed all blended lamps and use just a few may it’ll  speed things up

UPDATE: I deleted a lot of the blended lamps to see how it went on and nope, still comes to a standstill. Not sure what's causing it, as you say, the blended lamps may contribute to it but I unchecked the ones I could find and it still doesn't work properly :(

I'll give that a go :D

Thanks for the advice :)

Edited by Multi Retro Man

25 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

UPDATE: I deleted a lot of the blended lamps to see how it went on and nope, still comes to a standstill. Not sure what's causing it, as you say, the blended lamps may contribute to it but I unchecked the ones I could find and it still doesn't work properly :(

I'll give that a go :D

Thanks for the advice :)

Does the £35 and the smaller £25 versions suffer the same if not it maybe due to using scorp5 roms as opposed to Scorp4 ones?

6 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Does the £35 and the smaller £25 versions suffer the same if not it maybe due to using scorp5 roms as opposed to Scorp4 ones?

I don't recall them having any issues from memory.... Mind you, I think they were mute? You could be right about using scorp5 roms though... hmmmm. Puzzler indeed

1 minute ago, Multi Retro Man said:

I don't recall them having any issues from memory.... Mind you, I think they were mute? You could be right about using scorp5 roms though... hmmmm. Puzzler indeed

Tommy c reckons it’s to do with the art size this has side art try dragging the art in via the window size editor see if that fixes things

I had the same issue with slow game on my gaming laptop as thought it was that also, but managed to edit the layout to the point where it showed no artwork on the side and it plays as normal as when hitting the jackpot it's normal as well without the slowness.

Edit: Just tried getting invincible but came to a complete halt/stopped.

Thanks for the crackin' layout and it's a lot better than the weird sounds that pink panther used to make! 

Edited by Jamesy4

21 hours ago, Multi Retro Man said:

Yeah I noticed this myself, so after twinkling with window size, it seems to be the artwork/window size that is halting the process of this issue.

If the image can be altered down a little bit then it should play perfect.

Whether in full screen mode or windowed mode also while playing it does the same (halts/slows down) but going into edit mode makes it play alright....

As editing it to show without the reels makes it play fine (but you can't see numbers, trail, etc), so don't know why it slows down when it's just normal? 

• Like 1

I noticed that in Edit mode, when you go higher or lower on the numbers, it does run slower but a million times better than when trying to run normally.... bizarre!!!

19 hours ago, vectra666 said:

I've just managed to play on the £35 version, running Scorp4 roms and that DOES do the same!!!

• No 1

Shitter not sure what to do then? What about the mini £25 version as it’s far smaller

what if I remove side art does it improve speed wise?

if only wizard was still with us, he’d explain this error

2 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Shitter not sure what to do then? What about the mini £25 version as it’s far smaller

what if I remove side art does it improve speed wise?

if only wizard was still with us, he’d explain this error

I'll see if I've got the smaller mini £25 version. I think I have but I'm not sure.

I'm just going to pick youngest from school but I'll have a look when I get back :)

3 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

I'll see if I've got the smaller mini £25 version. I think I have but I'm not sure.

I'm just going to pick youngest from school but I'll have a look when I get back :)

It’s within the £35 release

35 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

It’s within the £35 release

UPDATE: I accidentally deleted the sound roms (they were wrong anyway) but the good news is that it WORKS PERFECTLY, despite annoying sounds (it seems to repeat the  coin noise) lol

Edited by Multi Retro Man

6 hours ago, Multi Retro Man said:

UPDATE: I accidentally deleted the sound roms (they were wrong anyway) but the good news is that it WORKS PERFECTLY, despite annoying sounds (it seems to repeat the  coin noise) lol

Untick  the hoppers in configuration to. Solve the coin payout noise on the £25 version 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

Untick  the hoppers in configuration to. Solve the coin payout noise on the £25 version 

Many thanks for that. I'm learning all the time, especially from you :D