Arcade Retro - PDX based on Electrocoin Big 7 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I love the game Big 7 so wanted to do something based on retro emulation in order to be an addition to my Guide To Retro Gaming book and I haven't advertised it in the release and as I changed the name of the folder halfway through the editing, I had to change it back so I hope it works. If it doesn't, please let me know.

I published the layout but it uses the same name as the original one for some bizarre reason.

As always thanks to @Wizard for his awesome emulator and Google for some of the images and MAME for the games with the screenshots that I produced.

Enjoy :D

PS - If you'd like a PDF version of my book before it's released on Amazon (at a higher cost), please send £5 to deffstar@hotmail.com and contact me on here and I will send you the link to it :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, johnparker007 said:

Looks like it was based on a UK Goliath cabinet! :) 

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/uploads/1438/golnice.jpg

My cabinet is a Centi one. It's kind of smaller than the Goliath and I really wanted the Goliath one but the person I got it off didn't want to get rid of it, so I got this one instead. When I first got it, it had a black joystick that was different to the red one so I managed to get a red one from someone on YouTube and luckily he managed to have some, so I bought the odd one or two off him. :)

I don't like the side art or the front art underneath either of the Centi but luckily mine doesn't have either.

I designed the Marquee at the top but I'm looking at using a second monitor for a changing Marquee for whatever the game is being played.

1364467657_CentiCabinet.thumb.jpg.51bc60d29c8d7f5322888e661412c71d.jpg20190615_102335.thumb.jpg.82558bb1eed524a4b2b6c718d027c1d6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Multi Retro Man said:

My cabinet is a Centi one. It's kind of smaller than the Goliath and I really wanted the Goliath one but the person I got it off didn't want to get rid of it, so I got this one instead. When I first got it, it had a black joystick that was different to the red one so I managed to get a red one from someone on YouTube and luckily he managed to have some, so I bought the odd one or two off him. :)

I don't like the side art or the front art underneath either of the Centi but luckily mine doesn't have either.

I designed the Marquee at the top but I'm looking at using a second monitor for a changing Marquee for whatever the game is being played.

1364467657_CentiCabinet.thumb.jpg.51bc60d29c8d7f5322888e661412c71d.jpg20190615_102335.thumb.jpg.82558bb1eed524a4b2b6c718d027c1d6.jpg

The Goliath was a popular cab around Cleethorpes arcades where I grew up.  It was weird, Konami I think didn't have a way to distribute (or manufacturer?) cabs to the UK at the time Salamander launched (1986) so it was a weird affair where the Goliath was the official Salamander cabinet:

salamand.png

Thanks for posting the flyers, have saved for the handy measurements :)  Marquee should look sweet if it's a decent fit!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnparker007 said:

The Goliath was a popular cab around Cleethorpes arcades where I grew up.  It was weird, Konami I think didn't have a way to distribute (or manufacturer?) cabs to the UK at the time Salamander launched (1986) so it was a weird affair where the Goliath was the official Salamander cabinet:

salamand.png

Thanks for posting the flyers, have saved for the handy measurements :)  Marquee should look sweet if it's a decent fit!

You're very welcome. Not only did I love the Goliath for the shape but I thought the side art was awesome and would have loved one. I'm glad I got the one I have at the moment. Ideally it would have 6 buttons per player but I didn't want to change it too much.

I'd love to have a steering wheel and pedal part to connect my old Ferrari one to it and be able to stow it away somewhere but I don't think that's going to happen with it unfortunately.

Any arcade cab is a good arcade cab!  But the Goliath was a bit special :)  I remember being a little entranced by the trippy side art pattern as a kid - heck I was like 7-8 when I started frequenting the arcades, it was all just complete magic to me going down there! :D 

If only room and £ wasn't an issue, then it'd be about getting a stand up Outrun, and wiring your steering wheel and pedals into that... ;) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, johnparker007 said:

Any arcade cab is a good arcade cab!  But the Goliath was a bit special :)  I remember being a little entranced by the trippy side art pattern as a kid - heck I was like 7-8 when I started frequenting the arcades, it was all just complete magic to me going down there! :D 

If only room and £ wasn't an issue, then it'd be about getting a stand up Outrun, and wiring your steering wheel and pedals into that... ;) 

Yes and not only that, my wife lol.

Seriously though, if I could get a driving cabinet, I'd love one of those original sit down Pole Position cabinets, although they weren't very comfy seats, I loved the shape of it and that you could see the screen from behind the cabinet

11 hours ago, johnparker007 said:

If you're going for retro and big, get an Atari TX-1 ;) 

TX-1_-_1983_-_Tatsumi.jpg

Unfortunately, no room in our house for one of those..... sigh.....