Red Hot Ibiza DX 1.0.3

(6 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

First things first, as always, many thanks to the late and great @Wizard for his fantastic emulator.

Secondly thanks to @infection for providing the image for the top part of the machine.

Now, onto the machine. After not working out how to get the lights looking right in the middle, I gave up on it for a while and did another one Little Devil.

I thought I'd have another look at it and realised I was overly complicating the lamps and decided to leave that part until last.... well that was until I realised that the gameplay was going to cover them and I had to do them first instead....

Anyhow, enough waffle, I have to say that I think this is the one I'm most pleased with at the moment as my editing skills have allowed me to fix issues that were there.

I've edited.....

Reels - replaced the stars with the actual images

Number Reel - Changed from grey background and blue to black background and pink with the colours in the middle (not as good as the original machine due to the size of the images on them but I'm happy with how it's turned out

£10 Icon - Bottom right was £15 so I edited it and think it looks like a 0 and fits in with the rest of the layout.

Text on Top Of Machine - changed it to show Ten Pounds instead of Fifteen Pounds and 25p Play instead of 10p Play

KNOWN ISSUES - I can't work out the number for the word "Lose" at the bottom of the machine and I'm not sure whether the word "Nudges" has a light or not. I have left it as it is until I can find out what the numbers are. I don't think it detracts from the machine in any way really.

Finally, I did this in a high resolution so I hope it will play okay on your machine. It is the first high resolution I've done like this and I don't fancy going through it all again to make a smaller one, so if you do find it has issues and want to make it work on your machine by making it smaller, please feel free, but I think it should be okay because I don't use blended lamps :D

Enjoy the machine, take care everyone and stay safe!!! Love and respect to you all :)

What's New in Version 1.0.3   See changelog

Released

Updated the layout so that the middle values of the game flash when you select to collect shots from the game part.

One thing I noticed though is that where it shows +3 Shots on the left hand side of the game, it only adds 1 and I've absolutely no idea why or how to sort it. Sigh....

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8
  • Awesome 3

User Feedback

Mort

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Great DX and brilliant to see your progress as a layout designer.

Thanks for your work and for providing your DX to the scene so we can all enjoy it.

Response from the author:

I'm really touched by all the kind comments and am so glad I took the decision to try and work out how to get the red light on Volcano at the start of the Covid problem in March last year.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
MikeyPosh

This is a real piece of sheer class. I said this on the classic layout when it was released, but the DX, wow, just wow. Sound effects are superb, and the artwork is great. Had a lot of fun times on this badboy, I think there was a clone of it somewhere, but its a rare one at the best of times

I think its my config, but found the reels spinning a tad too fastm either that or I was just trying to press start rapidly

Brilliant layout, and many thanks

Thank you so much for you kind words.

With regards to the reels spinning too fast, I'm not sure about that as I've not done anything to change them, other than change the layout and the internal size of them.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll have a look at I've got a mini update to do on it to see if I can sort the Lose light.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
infection

Awesome release mate 

Thank you for the 5 star review. I'm pleased with them and if you feel any future ones only deserve 4 stars (like the last one I released) I'm more than happy with it :D

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Freedomx1973

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member
Great job.It's gorgeous and finally with realistic layout
Link to review
herber

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

So happy its now been done as a proper layout! Looks brilliant too!

When I did the classic I couldnt find the lamp for 'lose' on nudges so I just left it. The Roms are the original ones so it was just before the £15 legislation came out. Plays a good game! There are some Whitbred pub chain roms aswell.

Going to have a bash on it now! Brilliant work mate, waited a long time to see this!

Thank you.

You're very welcome :)

Thank you for your kind words

• Thanks 1
Link to review