Royalties

AK45

Hi guys while doing some video's i hear a lot of recognisable samples for an example i have just done "premier club manager" and john motson's voice is used which is making me wonder do the BBC have the rights to motsons voice because they already pay him for match of the day or is this a different area and he would be entitled to a cheque in the post from maygay or another from the BBC for the samples being used ? there will be many more instances of celebrities (if you can call motty one) whose voice is being used in fruit machines which i guess would be another topic but probably a fun one.

• Like 1

For Fruit Machine Preview Video's    https://www.youtube.com/@akfortyfive4574/videos

These video's created by me are solely to showcase the talent of the creators and all who helped in bringing these machines to life,they are in no way a guide on how to play the machine or show how to exploit it

Ant n Dec and Noel the two most famous ones in fruity land i'd assume, then there's the music copyrights and even the programmes used i expect the likes of corrie and eastenders i'e ITV and BBC have made a fair few quid in the past from these. most machines now-a-days have a theme to them every since the £25 in particular. wonder what machine was the first to have a link to a celeb or tv show another topic to  

• Like 1

The early chips of The Addams Family used a voice sample of Lurch when at a feature exchange. This got removed and replaced with a different sound on later versions.

I always wondered if maybe Ted Cassidy's voice wasn't part of the license Barcrest had and got them into hot water. The rest of the voice samples seemed to stay as they were.

• Like 1