How ROMs for fruit machines emulators works

Hey sorry if this isn't the place to ask this question.

Are there any tutorials or posts that cover the code behind the fruit machines. I'm guessing the game is driven through the ROM, but are you able to read the code. Or have any been reversed enginered or anything along those lines? As a new member i'm not able to download any of the fruit machines yet to see if the code is readable so thought I'd ask.

For background info, I've always been interested in the code/numbers behind a fruit machine and how they work. Like for example, when you have a number reel from 1-12 and your able to guess higher or lower. Does each number have the same odds of showing up? or is it coded in such a way that depending if the machine is going to pay out it pre-determines if you will lose no matter what you pick.

Sure, compensated fruit machines obey a percentage so if a machine can’t afford to let you win on a hi lo gamble then it will be a predermined result of lose not matter which way you gamble.

With mfme you can view the live code running in the debugger.

J

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thealteredemu said:

Sure, compensated fruit machines obey a percentage so if a machine can’t afford to let you win on a hi lo gamble then it will be a predermined result of lose not matter which way you gamble.

With mfme you can view the live code running in the debugger.

J

Alright thanks!

Does the debugger only show whats happening with the MFME program or can you see the logic behind the fruit machine as its playing?

That's what the debugger is for, you can see the actual machine code running.  You can edit rom and ram regions live. I'm no expert but it seems a fairly comprehensive debugger to me and I've found it an essential tool when looking at hacking roms for whatever reason.

J