Fruit EMU site owner contact details

tufker

Hi all,

Is the former webmaster of Fruit EMU a member of this site by any chance? The reason I ask is, somewhat to my surpise, a £5 payment was taken via Paypal on June 1st, despite me having had no access to downloads for months, possibly even for more than year. Upon closer inspection, I can see it is a recurring payment that has been taken annually for the last 3 years. I appreciate that the site is all but dead these days, but having had no reply from the message I sent via the support channel on the site a month ago, I would, ideally, like this money refunded (so I can donate it on here!), or at the very least, have my donator status reinstated so I can at least download site content if I'm contuing to pay for it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JB

honestly, i think it'll be a lost cause. Log in to paypal and cancel the recurring payment, then if you're happy donating, donate here, most of the games for MFME are available in the downloads & legacy section for donaters :)(i dont think Bfmulator and JpEmu layouts are here though - open to correction though) 

Edited by WonkySausage
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Altharic said:

Isn't there a goods not received procedure for pay pal?

there is, it seems paypal have made it slightly easier to get refunds on digital goods, but I think the issue is that it's a donation and paypal don't issue refunds generally on donations - even though you are awarded perks for donating, the actual goods themselves are free. It's a bit of a minefield of technicalites.

Also, because you only have 180 days from with the original transaction was made to put in a claim, I'm not sure a recurring payment counts. 

Only real way to find out is to try and open a dispute in the resolution centre and provide details/evidence/proof, or contact paypal directly to see where they stand