MFME 6 - Linux

Zakkieboy44

I'll cut a long story short, I got a 40" touchscreen to play MFME, but for some reason the machines I have do not seem to not handle the portrait mode too well, and although graphics are fine - touch screen is well out (reversed/inverted/f*cked-up)

So, in my trial and errors it turns out it works spot on (the monitor) on my chromebook - so my next thought, Linux.....

So, has anyone emulated MFME *well* in Linux with a touchscreen?

... turns out it was'nt such a short story!

You input is appreciated :)

You'll always get best results under windows - so no, can't answer about Linux.

So one question I would ask, is the supporting drivers upto date for the video card on the PC - I assume yes ?

If that's a yes - then is it one specific mode that does not work well - IE, is there a difference between how the touchscreen behaves between the modes of F1, F2 and F3 ?

GPU drivers are as upto date as can be expected, screen rotation works - and whilst in landscape  - life's good...

Portrait.... thats the problem - I dont think its a GPU driver problem, but more of a touchscreen driver problem - but as it works fine under ChromeOS, I was hoping that route would be easiest - Maybe not!

Cheers for coming back, I cant hep but think Ive missed something simple....

Monitor is this btw: http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/computer-peripherals/lfd-series/lcd-large-format-display/LH40CRPMBD/XY/

:)

Edited by Zakkieboy44

I had a touchscreen that used infra red beams in the corners, think yours does too.  Mine was a pain as it was barely 2 point touch.   I've used the one in the link below in portrait mode, definitely a great screen, the best touchscreen I've ever used, 10 point multi touch (capacitive).  Only 1080p though.

https://www.ebuyer.com/646730-acer-t272hlbmjjz-27-full-hd-va-led-touch-monitor-um-ht2ee-005?mkwid=s_dc&pcrid=51482416139&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwibDXBRCyARIsAFHp4fqjJIhU-j_TMhRU76-piWTfOgTB0Oy5YqrOyDOkhg6PRdz4EcEFQpgaAoLxEALw_wcB

J