New cabinet build from a beginner

Psycon

12 minutes ago, Psycon said:

Ahh ok will give this a go. I didn't think it did anything when you clicked it so didn't use it. Again I will try this in the morning thanks 😄

its used to assign lamp numbers to the button shortcuts for each layout. But I am unsure if it also assigns hopper information to the hoppers you have set-up too. I always click the config button when I've loaded in my preset on each layout.

• Like 1

Hey. OK I have managed to get the coin mech working with pounds. Here are what the coins come through as

5p 11

10p 4

20p 5

50p 3

£1 0

£2 3333 (think this is 4 lots of 3?)

Where do I set it so that each coin has a shortcut?

I have tried again to get the coin hopper working with no luck even trying the config button every time. No1stoney as I think I have the same setup as you, do you have a fruit with the config setup so I can test it on mine? 

Thanks

So, now look at WinIPAC, and see which input corresponds to those that you've listed above, and change them to a keyboard shortcut of your choice. maybe 0,9,8,7,6 ? but its upto you. (Or you can leave them as they are)

Now in MFME, you need to create a new lamp, and define it as a coin/note button and select which coin type it is (This will take a bit of working out if you're unsure, but the best place to check is to go into the properties of the £1 coin button that was used on the layout and see what type it is, then choose the same type for 10p/5p/20p/50p) Some trial and error may be required here.

I will have a look shortly and take a photo of my MFME settings on my cab.

And finally, yes, £2 coin is simply the 50p input 4 times. So you don't need to define a £2 coin as it will use the 50p one.

42 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

So, now look at WinIPAC, and see which input corresponds to those that you've listed above, and change them to a keyboard shortcut of your choice. maybe 0,9,8,7,6 ? but its upto you. (Or you can leave them as they are)

Now in MFME, you need to create a new lamp, and define it as a coin/note button and select which coin type it is (This will take a bit of working out if you're unsure, but the best place to check is to go into the properties of the £1 coin button that was used on the layout and see what type it is, then choose the same type for 10p/5p/20p/50p) Some trial and error may be required here.

I will have a look shortly and take a photo of my MFME settings on my cab.

And finally, yes, £2 coin is simply the 50p input 4 times. So you don't need to define a £2 coin as it will use the 50p one.

OK brilliant I will have a try at setting this up later. Starting to make sense now. I'm not sure why the 5p is two ones though? 

As for the hopper I will try and set it up with that machine. Can you screenshot the epoch screen to check I have it the same please. Don't worry if you can't though. Do you get any hopper issues when it's a scorpion 4 or 5 as they seem to be the ones I have been trying to setup! That is how I have it set in the pacdrive settings 😀

You're the second person to say their hopper isn't working and I'm stumped as to why. If you've definitely checked all your wiring/connections and that whatever power supply you're using is working as it should, then it does point towards a faulty hopper but I am sceptical as that would be 3 hoppers between the 2 of you. I've got 4 in use and not had a faulty used one.

I'm starting to think that it is something to do with how the negative wires are connected as @Reg has already mentioned in another cab thread. In my cab, ALL my negative wires goto the same place, creating a common ground. 

Do your Negative wires all use a common ground? So for example, does your pacdrive/ipac and hopper ground wires goto the same place? If not, maybe try that?

I'll be honest though, I'm not exactly sure whats going on here and trying to eliminate possible errors.. Also while you're at it, make sure your hopper is running in mode 1 by removing the jumper pin from the bottom of the hopper.

34 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

You're the second person to say their hopper isn't working and I'm stumped as to why. If you've definitely checked all your wiring/connections and that whatever power supply you're using is working as it should, then it does point towards a faulty hopper but I am sceptical as that would be 3 hoppers between the 2 of you. I've got 4 in use and not had a faulty used one.

I'm starting to think that it is something to do with how the negative wires are connected as @Reg has already mentioned in another cab thread. In my cab, ALL my negative wires goto the same place, creating a common ground. 

Do your Negative wires all use a common ground? So for example, does your pacdrive/ipac and hopper ground wires goto the same place? If not, maybe try that?

I'll be honest though, I'm not exactly sure whats going on here and trying to eliminate possible errors.. Also while you're at it, make sure your hopper is running in mode 1 by removing the jumper pin from the bottom of the hopper.

So the way mine is set up is I have a separate pc psu powering the coin mech and the hopper. I have checked the power before plugging into the hopper and the negatives and positives are getting 12v. I think the issue is receiving the signal to payout. I have 1 lead going to 16 on the pac drive and another lead going to the ipac. Is there a way to see if the signal is being sent to the hopper? My negatives of the coin mech and pacdrive go to the psu while the negatives for leds go to 5v on packdrive. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cja272 said:

i thought i had faulty hopper too  but i got another one and still nothing 

Im pleased im not the only one with this problem as we are in the same boat (that seems to be sinking atm 😆).How do you power your hoppers? Are they 12v or 24v?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Also I did try changing the mode to see if that did anything but it didn't. Currently back on mode 1 (no joiner on the 3 pins)

20 minutes ago, Psycon said:

So the way mine is set up is I have a separate pc psu powering the coin mech and the hopper. I have checked the power before plugging into the hopper and the negatives and positives are getting 12v. I think the issue is receiving the signal to payout. I have 1 lead going to 16 on the pac drive and another lead going to the ipac. Is there a way to see if the signal is being sent to the hopper? My negatives of the coin mech and pacdrive go to the psu while the negatives for leds go to 5v on packdrive. 

Mine is set up just the same as yours 

11 minutes ago, cja272 said:

Mine is set up just the same as yours 

I wish there was a way to send a signal manually to check the hopper. That way we could see if it was the software or the pacdrive not triggering them. If its 3 hoppers that are having the problem then it must be something to do with either the mfme software or the signal from the pacdrives or the ipac 🤔

There should be a way of checking if the pacdrive is sending a signal to the hopper if you was to use a multimeter across pin 16 and the hopper negative it should beep (and show 5v if you change to voltage read) when the machine 'pays out'. If you get a result from that, then that would tell you your wiring is OK?

I don't pretend to know much about circuits etc but this is something I would try in your situation.

Double check you are using the same 0v connection for your hopper as you are to the ipac and the pacdrive. 

6 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

There should be a way of checking if the pacdrive is sending a signal to the hopper if you was to use a multimeter across pin 16 and the hopper negative it should beep (and show 5v if you change to voltage read) when the machine 'pays out'. If you get a result from that, then that would tell you your wiring is OK?

I don't pretend to know much about circuits etc but this is something I would try in your situation.

Double check you are using the same 0v connection for your hopper as you are to the ipac and the pacdrive. 

So currently I am using the negative off of the pc psu for the hopper and the positive on the 12v of the psu. I'm not sure how you mean using the same 0v connection as the ipac and pacdrive. This may be the issue?  Also I will try using my multimeter as you suggested after work tomorrow and see if there is a signal. 

So This is my setup

PSU 12v ---> pacdrive lamps daisy chained (mine are 12v bulbs)    
               ---> hoppers x 2      ------------------------------------> | <--- Pacdrive '+' port
               ---> Coin mech        ------------------------------------> | <--- IPac 'GND' port
                                                                                                                   |
 PSU 0v <-----------------------------------------------------------| 

Hope that makes sense. But as you can see all the devices return to the same 0v black wire on the PSU

9 hours ago, No1Stoney said:

So This is my setup

PSU 12v ---> pacdrive lamps daisy chained (mine are 12v bulbs)    
               ---> hoppers x 2      ------------------------------------> | <--- Pacdrive '+' port
               ---> Coin mech        ------------------------------------> | <--- IPac 'GND' port
                                                                                                                   |
 PSU 0v <-----------------------------------------------------------| 

Hope that makes sense. But as you can see all the devices return to the same 0v black wire on the PSU

Ahh ok. Not sure if I can do that with the 5v bulbs? @cja272 do you have 12v or 5v bulbs on your switches?