New cabinet build from a beginner

Psycon

6 hours ago, Psycon said:

I have just realised I need to put in the light number under value 1. Other than trial and error, is there a way to know what number the lights are? 

Just to add to the video cja272 posted above ...there is quicker way to fill in the bulb values.
Make a PAC Drive Template first. Assign each output to a button on your cab, and Save Template.
Example:
Output 1-1     Label [Blank]  Type "Lamp"    Value 1 [blank]     Value 2 [blank]      Shortcut "Press your cabinet button to assign"

For each layout, go in to edit mode and click Properties on each button, and assign one of your cabinet buttons to a layout button. When you finish this, go in to the PAC Drive settings page. Load your PAC Drive template and click Config. The bulb numbers get automatically filled in.

Edited by Amusements
Did not see page 2.
  • Thanks 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

Hey all. Slowly getting there. Starting to take shape now. Still a lot to do but looking more like a cabinet now. Hopper and coin acceptor are coming this week which will be a pain I think. The screen doesn't look like that normally. It has a cover over it to protect it

20220116_162022.jpg

• Like 3

On 18/01/2022 at 16:18, Psycon said:

Hey all. 

Ok cashflow has arrived and I have the wiring diagram thanks to No1Stoney. Just want to check it wires into the blue circle area? My next question is how do I wire it so that £1's come one way and all other coins go another way? 

20220118_160847.jpg

Yes the area circled is where you put the wires in the diagram. 

As for the coin routing you will need to create a routing plug. If you do a Google search for the manual for that coin mech you will find a pdf version. Check the manual for 'routing' and use that to figure how to wire your routing plug (it goes in the left hand slot in the middle) if your only routing 1 coin type into a specific exit then its really simple. Any more than 1 coin into a specific exit will require to use diodes in the wiring so its probably better to leave default for 5p/20p/50p/£2 and only define where the 10p and the £1 goes.

Hope that makes sense

I have found the manual. Ok what you said No1Stoney makes sense. Do you know why the 2 diagrams show one with diodes and the other as just wires? So if I leave it so all silver goes to the normal route and pounds divert to the hopper then I would just need one wire on the divert plug?

Screenshot_20220121-144230_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

On 21/01/2022 at 16:03, No1Stoney said:

Yes that is correct. I would manually test your mech first to see what exits each coin defaults from and go from there. If you only define 1 coin then only 1 link wire is needed 

Ok I have just wired in the cashflow 126 and the standard coin setup is very random. I think I am going to have to make a routing plug with a few wires so that I can get the output I need. As there will be a few wires on the plug, is it best I make all wires with a diode?

2 hours ago, No1Stoney said:

You only need a diode if you want 2 coins to go down the same exit. If you only specify a single coin type to an exit then you don't need a diode. Sorry but I am unsure how to wire these with diodes so cannot help with that

I have 4 exits and currently £2, £1 and 5p come out of one, 50p another, 20p another and 10p the last one. I need 1 exit for £1 and the rest can come out of where ever as I can direct them into one tube. Really I need the 10p to come out with the 20p and then I can divert the £1 into the 10p slot. Confusing 🤣

Ok I have wired the hopper and checked the wires are correct. Put the ipac lead on 1A set as [. Pacdrive is in 15. When I run dond for example I go into configuration settings and set 15 to hopper 1. When I test hopper nothing happens. If I turn on hopper 1 in configuration I get a constant payout sound running in the background (no actual hopper noise) really scratching my head now.

1 minute ago, cja272 said:

This is the exact problem I’m having too all set up correctly but hopper will not power up been trying to work this out all week but still no joy , hope you get it sorted 😀

Yeah is a pain! I was starting to think the hopper could be faulty but now I'm thinking it's something in the settings as your having the same issue 😀. Still have the coin mech to sort yet but thought I would go for the hopper first

9 hours ago, Psycon said:

Hey. Ok so I have now wired in the hopper and the coin mech. I now need to know what setting I need to put into the ipac to tell it the coins coming in and also what I need to set to get the hopper to work? Currently none of it is working yet in mfme 🤔

I used a cashflow 126 in the end , I’m only using £1 coins which is the pin 4 wire on the mech  and set ipac to 0 

8 minutes ago, cja272 said:

Yes the coin mech worked fine that was the easy part for me , there must be something we are doing wrong but I’ve tried everything but still no joy ! I even purchased another hopper thinking the first was faulty but it still didn’t work 

My coin mech doesn't seem to do anything once its all plugged in although I'm not too sure how I set the ipac settings for each wire going in for each coin. Yeah I'm sure it's something simple which we are missing on the settings although I have no idea!

1 minute ago, cja272 said:

I used a cashflow 126 in the end , I’m only using £1 coins which is the pin 4 wire on the mech  and set ipac to 0 

Ahh I will try that for the pounds. I'm sure No1stoney will know what the issue is. I also have the cashflow 126 so hopefully I can get it working tomorrow

15 minutes ago, Psycon said:

Ahh I will try that for the pounds. I'm sure No1stoney will know what the issue is. I also have the cashflow 126 so hopefully I can get it working tomorrow

Firstly, check you have a light (green?) on your mech to indicate its powered. 

Then, to test.. Make sure you have a keyboard press entered into all your wired iPac inputs on WinIPAC..
Then open notepad and have the window focussed.. Insert one of each type of coin and see which keyboard entry it types with each coin and make a note which coin to which key
Now, change those values in WinIPAC to a keyboard entry of your choice.
Then in MFME, each layout, make sure you have a button assigned to the coin and keyboard entry you wish to use for each coin type. You will have to create your own buttons for 5p/20p/50p and usually 10p too as most layouts only have a £1 input by default.. This does take some time if you have many layouts to convert. I always hide these buttons off screen.

7 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Firstly, check you have a light (green?) on your mech to indicate its powered. 

Then, to test.. Make sure you have a keyboard press entered into all your wired iPac inputs on WinIPAC..
Then open notepad and have the window focussed.. Insert one of each type of coin and see which keyboard entry it types with each coin and make a note which coin to which key
Now, change those values in WinIPAC to a keyboard entry of your choice.
Then in MFME, each layout, make sure you have a button assigned to the coin and keyboard entry you wish to use for each coin type. You will have to create your own buttons for 5p/20p/50p and usually 10p too as most layouts only have a £1 input by default.. This does take some time if you have many layouts to convert. I always hide these buttons off screen.

Thanks No1Stoney. I will give this a try tomorrow. When you say have the window focused, you mean clicked on so it's got a flashing cursor for example? 

19 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

I'm really not sure if this will be of any help whatsoever but always worth trying.. When you setup your hopper in MFME, click the config button before closing the window.

Ahh ok will give this a go. I didn't think it did anything when you clicked it so didn't use it. Again I will try this in the morning thanks 😄