List of good Fruit Machine titles to get started with

dnsmate

I looked and couldn’t find an answer, but bet I’m not the first to ask. (Set me straight if I’ve missed a prior post or this is in the wrong forum please.)

Given that although I love fruit machines, being Canadian my experience of them in the past 40 years has been nil to none.  

Is there curated “short list” of some of the “best” or “great to play” fruit machine emulations?  I’m looking for a place to start rather than shoot in the dark (or start with a “Mega” set).  (Monopoly Club is already on my list since I owned a real one of those at one time.)

Given there are so many varieties of machines, let me give you some goals about my cabinet.  I use a 48” vertically mounted 4K TCL TV so I am looking for the highest resolution graphics. I’ll never add a coin hopper but am adding a row of  dedicated fruit machine buttons. (Buttons located ON the game’s face or touch screen are not ideal, but can be accommodated in a couple ways.)  

So I guess the primary goal for my “starter” list is graphic realism aesthetics and high real life ”in the field” popularity with a  broad timeline.   Thank you in advance!

well the best designers artistically speaking are pook, dad, tommy c and vectra666 in my humble opinion, how you separate them is not upto me...

the best fruit machines however will spark a debate until the sun swallows the earth..

my fave's are vast in number.. but i'll give you a few to try and help you out

JPM- ARCADIA, ROLLER COASTER, MONOPOLY 60, INDIANA JONES, SONIC..

BARCREST- THE ADDAMS FAMILY, FRENZY, BIG BROTHER, TEN OUT OF TEN, CASH LINES, PSYCHO CASH BEAST, ADDERS AND LADDERS, ALL FIRED UP, LOTTA LUCK, GOLD STRIKE, KING KEBAB, ROAD HOG, BATTLE AXE...

EMPIRE- HIGH SPIRITS, HAUNTED HOUSE, THE GAMBLER, MONET SPINNER, TREASURE TRAIL, THE BIG CHEESE...

RED GAMING- HI-LO SILVER, INDIANA JONES TEMPLE OF DOOM, JACKPOT GENIE, LIFES A BEACH, ZIG-ZAG, FUNFAIR, SNAIL BLAZER, HOLY MOLEY, CASH OR BUST, SUB ZERO, STING KING RICH... 

BELLFRUIT- HAPPY FRUITS, CRAZY FRUITS ALL TYPES. EASY STREAK, RICH GEEZER, GOLD MINE, ROYLE FAMILY, WHO WANTS TO BE A LEGIONAIRRE...

Theres many people who can add to the list above and mine is just a miniscule time zone period of games that were my favourite time.. the majority of the games above were 10-25jp but a few go up and down the scale too..

congratulations on having the joy of discovering the wealth of game available for the first time!! i'm very jealous of that feeling ahead.. haha.. please be aware addiction is a guaranteed outcome so be careful

• Like 1

living the dream

6 hours ago, woodsy said:

the best fruit machines however will spark a debate until the sun swallows the earth..

my fave's are vast in number.. but i'll give you a few to try and help you out

haha.. please be aware addiction is a guaranteed outcome so be careful

Thank you for the starting push in the right direction.  I have had some experience with MFME and the other FM Emulators in the long past, but didn’t spend much time and got a bit discouraged without learning much.  No one’s fault but my own, I WAS a “collect them all! (and then hardly ever use any)” kind of guy, but have discovered over time in my collections that quality, rather than quantity is what I am looking for.   So yes working out a “small” but growing and quality collection (curated by my own and other’s interests) - plus a focus on high graphic quality is what I’m aiming for (and then adding on here and there as new things catch my eye.  This, rather than getting overwhelmed trying to play through hundreds of titles and not scratch their surface.

Thank you to anyone who can help me continue to build a “must have” short list of quality fruit machines to start with!

• Like 1

For a small collection I’d personally take a few from each era of fruit machines , some from the 1980’s 90’s and so on so you gain a varied collection including a few clubbers 

personally I’m not the best in designer terms I’d leave that to the likes of pook, Tommy c Ploggy And others but I do try lol

As for machines

pick some £4ers and lo tech goodies 777heaven, cloud999 , nudge wink

£6 andy Capp, road hog

then definitely roller coaster, Indiana Jones and 

then the simpsons either ones 

a couple of donds and a few clubbers 

forgot modern lo tech crazy fruits, 25carot gold etc 

the list is endless 

Edited by vectra666