Reel A Win - DX - Multi Retro Man 1.0.0

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Welcome to my DX version of Reel A Win.

Firstly, I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year and hope that 2023 will be a good year for you :D

Without a do, thanks go to the following:

The late, great Wizard for the superb emulator.

Wearacity for the classic and allowing me to do the DX and release it.

Dad for the image that I used for the machine (I adjusted the bottom section to make it look like a real machine).

This is the first machine that I have used almost all the lamps for the off-image as I realised that one of the features uses a darker version of the amounts when the lightened image repeatedly scrolls from the bottom to the top and without the off-image, it didn't show any of the lit images at all.

I used a slightly different number reel along with a slight edit for the colours for the background of them. It's not totally authentic but the colours were nearer to the actual machine rather than the blue that was originally used for the classic layout.

Finally, enjoy the machine :D

Completed.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same as Cliffhanger, it does have a red mode. The nudges and the Reel A Win feature right in the middle of the board turn red. When you're on a red nudge square it tells you the best win for that number of nudges, but when you press Collect it gives you unlimited nudges and tells you the jackpot is there (to fob off a red board while doing the Vivid method you have to nudge in hiddens and take Nudge Timer, or take a feature where it's possible to get nothing).

Edited by avengah
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, avengah said:

Same as Cliffhanger, it does have a red mode. The nudges and the Reel A Win feature right in the middle of the board turn red. When you're on a red nudge square it tells you the best win for that number of nudges, but when you press Collect it gives you unlimited nudges and tells you the jackpot is there (to fob off a red board while doing the Vivid method you have to nudge in hiddens and take Nudge Timer, or take a feature where it's possible to get nothing).

I've just had a look and realised that the values go red and must have done it when I was creating it and forgot about it. :)

Thanks for the info :D

Edited by Multi Retro Man

4 hours ago, avengah said:

Further to my last message, I've realised that I didn't fully appreicate the Nudges or Reel A Win feature you were talking about as I was in a rush to take my son to school and wondered if you may or anyone else, has an idea what the lamp numbers are for these?

If so, I will edit the machine and release it :D

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Yeah sorry I don't know, but there is a way to find out for at least some of them. On a red board, if you hit an arrow to move in that leads to nudges, you can do the red lamp for that particular square. You can work it out by elimination if there's only one nudge square left in a ring that you haven't done the red bulb for. Once you've knocked out a nudge square, the red bulb will be out, so if you either knock out or know which lamp is for all the red nudge squares, the last remaining one is for the red top feature.

Someone did a Cliffhanger layout some time ago, and they were unaware of red nudges but did know the top feature went red. They got mixed up and used a red nudge bulb from the second ring instead of the correct bulb for the red Cliffhanger feature, so it looks odd when the top feature is flashing when you're on nudges in the second ring.

It seems Reel A Win is harder to fob off the red board too, because Cliffhanger always let me slow down the hiddens on a red board but Reel A Win didn't, so it might be better to take £1 off the red board rather than take hiddens and risk it giving something half decent and setting it back. I'm not sure.

Edited by avengah
  • Thanks 1

(I always try to take nothing when doing the Vivid method, because even a single pound can stop the red coming back under certain circumstances, for example on Pie Factory if you took £1 from the red board it normally doesn't matter, but if you then get the free Super Feature, the next board after that would be red as well if you took nothing. Taking that £1 can make it take a couple more boards to come back, costing more money. Unfortunately with Reel A Win there doesn't seem a reliable way to get nothing off the board, although a couple of the features can be screwed up to get nothing; it's worth remembering which ones.)

• Like 1

Or if the first jackpot repeats, which is rare but can happen on some Vivids including Pie Factory and clones - it's a separate pot, slowly saved up - that can stop the red board coming back if you collected £1.

• Like 1