Layout format error with Kung Fu (ACE)

brsmith77

OK, probably a total noob question but I did search and cannot find anything on this.

So I have got the Kung Fu game rom, but when I try to play it in MFME it comes up with the error I have attached below. I also have included SS of my Kung Fu Rom folder as well as a Layout for that game I downloaded but haven't used as not entirely sure what to do with it or if I need it at all. 

I have no idea how to 'resave the layout'. Am I missing something obvious here? Like I said, sorry if this is a stupid question but I am a total newbie with MFME.

Cheers

Error.png

Game folder.png

Layout.png

Thanks mate. I got that working in 5.1 and saved it but when I try to open it in 20.1 i get "Unsupported Platform" and it will no longer work in 5.1 giving the same error message. The few other games I have work fine, even Caeser's Palace which I believe it effectively the same game. 

I just know I am doing something dumb. I will go and do some research and post the solution here if I find one. It might help someone in the same boat. 

4 hours ago, brsmith77 said:

OK, probably a total noob question but I did search and cannot find anything on this.

So I have got the Kung Fu game rom, but when I try to play it in MFME it comes up with the error I have attached below. I also have included SS of my Kung Fu Rom folder as well as a Layout for that game I downloaded but haven't used as not entirely sure what to do with it or if I need it at all. 

I have no idea how to 'resave the layout'. Am I missing something obvious here? Like I said, sorry if this is a stupid question but I am a total newbie with MFME.

Cheers

Error.png

Game folder.png

Layout.png

In the second picture, it looks like, you have a version for the JPEMU emulator, as those files are for that emulator.

I wonder if you have versions for both emulators and you simply trying to load in the wrong file.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clo06 said:

Did you download it from here? if not try the legacy download section and download from there.

No I got it from Fruit Emu. I could not find it on here. 

EDIT: Doh! I didnt realise the legacy section was grouped my manufacturer so obviously Kung Fu didn't show up in a search. Found it DLing now

Edited by brsmith77
Add
  • Awesome 1

36 minutes ago, wearecity said:

In the second picture, it looks like, you have a version for the JPEMU emulator, as those files are for that emulator.

I wonder if you have versions for both emulators and you simply trying to load in the wrong file.

OK, just tried JPEMU but no dice. Might be because I ran it through 5.1. I ll try a copy from here

OK solved!

I was using a copy of Kung Fu downloaded from another site. I found and DLed a copy from the legacy section on here as suggested by Clo06 and it's working fine. Thanks to everyone who helped. 

I ll leave this here is case anyone as dim as me has the same problem lol 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1