DONATION

Darkhorse

MFME, was a one man project and sadly that man died in 2020. https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/forum/71-wizards-rest/

MPU6 had security that needed to be cracked. Perhaps it was cracked, but not included in the public release of MFME, because of being a current tech. There are a few older techs where the security has never been cracked.

But for MFME it's a case of we will never know, if MPU6 or these other techs would have been incorporated into it. MFME is in its final state, so we will have to either see a new emulator for MPU6 or it emulated in MAME at some point.

Edited by wearecity

30 minutes ago, wearecity said:

MFME, was a one man project and sadly that man died in 2020. https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/forum/71-wizards-rest/

MPU6 had security that needed to be cracked. Perhaps it was cracked, but not included in the public release of MFME, because of being a current tech. There are a few older techs where the security has never been cracked.

But for MFME it's a case of we will never know, if MPU6 or these other techs would have been incorporated into it. MFME is in its final state, so we will have to either see a new emulator for MPU6 or it emulated in MAME at some point.

there was a post on it when Jeeves (undercover name) changed to Wizard when he released MFME. He had mpu6 cracked 

Edited by andrew96
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, andrew96 said:

there was a post on it when Jeeves (undercover name) changed to Wizard when he released MFME. He had mpu6 cracked 

I must have missed that through all the excitement of MFME getting a release after many years. 

At least it shows it's possible perhaps in the future with another emulator or MAME. 

It was way way back before 5.1 was released, I was talking to Chris at that time (then Jeeves but was sworn to secrecy on who he actually was) as if I remember correctly he had Screenplay working 100% and we was working out the security chip for concentration which also ran on maygay video tech, which we decoded and he got running, but was never in the public release! and through that I was able to make a new security GAL chip for my game, we helped each other! He had his own version which I can assure you ran everything possible tech at that time

(Concentration was a very old question / answer game which was really not that great! but I could at least be able to run and test the boards on the bench at that time which I couldn't do with Screenplay)

Because I repaired monitors back then we got talking and I repaired several for his video machines! no idea what they was but he came to me with the monitors and picked them up so I did actually meet the knowledgeable man!! that's how we got together with the concentration security GAL

geez!! May 2013  !!  10 years ago!!  how time flies!! this was the video back then with a bad security chip so it showed no questions!!!

that was back in the day before I was told I was not wanted on the mecca lol

Edited by andrew96
  • Like 4