Question regarding MFME V20.

Ze Frog

Am I correct in thinking MFME V20 will run on windows 7? Also will it allow me to play .gam files I already possess along with newer DX files etc etc?

sorry,only I only have experience with MFME V9.4,however this does not want to play files from here I have downloaded. Just want to make sure I get the correct setup before becoming a paid member. Ialready have some files previouly that MFME V9.4 wont play and says 'invalid stream format' or 'missing layout' or similar.

Thankyou in advance,this is relatively new to me.

V20.1 only runs on Windows 10 or 11.

V6.1 is the last version for Windows 7

Both V6.1 and V20 require files in .fml format and older .dat file will not run.. Gam files are present with both fml and dat layouts. 

. dat files are easy to convert using V5.1, simply load the layout into 5.1 and when you close it, it will save as a fml file. 

But all downloads from the main section are in fml format and all files in the Legacy section have been converted to fml from dat files already. 

• Like 4

A couple of important bits also, any layout that has been produced in a later version, than v6.1, will not work with v6.1, even if it's a fml file.

Also if a layout that has been produced in v6.1 or earlier, is loaded into a later version, it will no longer work, in v6.1. 

While there are over 1000 layouts that work in v6.1, if you want to play FME at it's best and largely have a trouble free experience, you need to have Windows 10/11 and v20.1.