PDX - Random Spin 'N' Win 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Firstly, Wizard is still missed and cherished by the use of his awesome emulator, that goes without saying and I feel it should be the first thing on everyone's "About" when releasing the first time after his sad release from this life.

Secondly, I just wanted to advise that I had seeked and obtained permission to release this soon after the original classic layout was released but out of respect for everyone involved with the classic layout, I decided to give it a while before I released this PDX layout :)

Finally, info and stuff as always:

Thanks to @andy-1 for the classic layout and providing me with the unlocked version :D I have been updating my Mame Roms recently and whilst it's almost finished, I wanted to do a layout that was quite easy to do and not take up too much time as some previous ones have. Normally when I get into something, I get bored quite quickly and go onto something else but doing PDX's is great as it gives me a chance to experiment with different things and allows my imagination to run away a little, while staying in the parameters of what should be done, as it's still a fruit machine at the end of the day.

I wanted to do a touchscreen type machine and then realised that it needed buttons, so I found an image of a red button that was angled (normal flat buttons didn't look right on the machine) so I used GIMP to change the colours and add writing to them.

I have provided a Mute version (Thanks to @andy-1 for his help with this, I knew how to add the sounds (I'd done this with Volcano) but not worked out how to actually remove them to make it Mute) and a sound version that used his previous Pink Panther sounds.

I didn't experience any issues whatsoever when I was creating the layout, despite it being unmuted (if that's a word).

Anyhow, apologies for my waffle here, I hope that you're all very well and hope you enjoy my PDX :D

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not my thing tbh but still love and appreciate your work.

Nicely done MRM👍🏻 and thanks to all involved😊

Edited by Big J
  • Like 1

Thank you @Big J, your kind words are very much appreciated.

I wanted to do something different and am still experimenting with layouts etc and learning all the time :)

What I value most though is your honesty and time you took to comment :D

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

Thank you @Big J, your kind words are very much appreciated.

I wanted to do something different and am still experimenting with layouts etc and learning all the time :)

What I value most though is your honesty and time you took to comment :D

Anytime mate, rather be upfront than just ignore. I especially thank for others mainly because it hopefully keeps them away from the real thing, these ones in particularly are the most dangerous so I see it as saving people from themselves including me, a great service people like you give to this scene and I know I keep banging on about it (will do for some time) but especially @Wizard who saved a lot us from self destruction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big J said:

Anytime mate, rather be upfront than just ignore. I especially thank for others mainly because it hopefully keeps them away from the real thing, these ones in particularly are the most dangerous so I see it as saving people from themselves including me, a great service people like you give to this scene and I know I keep banging on about it (will do for some time) but especially @Wizard who saved a lot us from self destruction.

I couldn't agree more. I'm extremely well discliplined with stopping myself if I spend a certain amount (occasionally I have spent say a fiver more than I wanted to) and have learned a lot from these emulators, not only how to play the games in the arcades, but how they work etc.

I remember many years ago, I played on Trivial Pursuit (5p version) in Meadowhall Namco Arcade thingy and hadn't a clue what it was. I managed to find the game and played it on the emulator and realised what was what, so said to my mate "shall we go halves and put a pound in each?" (which we usually did) but this time he declined. I put my quid in and won the jackpot and a little bit extra so came away with £8. I said "bet you wish you'd had a go now don't you?" he said "I'm not bothered mate!" which I thought "yeah alright.

I was so impressed all those years ago when I could play the machines and didn't really appreciate who actually created them until I looked at doing some myself and have contacted @Wizard many times to offer suggestions and explain little problems I found with the emulator and tested the fixes (when I could) and report back to him whether they worked or not.

I was really shocked when I found he had passed away as I feel that we were all part of a big, happy family and think that we still are. It's odd knowing that he won't be there to offer help or reply to any suggestions etc. and I think that the best thing we can do for his memory is keep the fruit machines updated and DX's and PDX's released with continual gratitude notifications to him in the releases, like we do.

• Like 1

I have no interest in real fruit machines anymore tbh, that went out the window a couple of years ago down Herne Bay Cains Amusements (the family know him well as far back as the old bingo times, when my Gran, Auntie and Mother use to go in practically every week) and lost £300 on Magic 10 and Bar 7evens, went back to the caravan with a bottle of scotch and fired up all three of Dads layouts, Bar 7even and Magic 7 on either side (left on Automatic play) with Double Cash in the middle, from then on I put diddly squat into a fruit machine since then (what a great fucking night and the turning point of knocking it all on the head). I can lose ten grand in a machine and still walk away even, where else can you do that!!

As far as I am concerned Chris lives within all of us, we all have some form of piece of him floating around inside us and brilliant memories too, that in itself keeps the fire burning for a long long time.

• Like 1