MegaBuck$ £4.80 Dx 1.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Time to step back to the 1990's to earn some Mega Bucks, will you streak this and take home pockets full of tokens or will it cost you a buck or two!!

Remember playing this once but not a machine seen that often in the arcades as it was the same era as the mighty cloud 999 and nickelodoen so may not have been as popular as them, a simple machine , simply match the numbers to win the cash prize, three boxed numbers double the wins.

Flyer within the file if needed.

Thanks goto

@Pook for his original dx made way back in 2005 for lamping references and the reel bands etc

@Ross for the band gradient from his recent release (addams family, great dx's a well worth download!!)

to various members for font ID help which budged me into finding a near match for the cash decals

Shortcuts are as standard.

Enjoy and Happy Gaming!!!!!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Statto

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is strange machine, a little different to the standard fayre of the time.

After about 20 quid through this machine, you'll see all the tricks.  Boxed numbers work the same as other machines such as cloud 999 with clouds and 777 heaven with it's boxes.

If cash pot is offered, it's in a dead phase, that much I have found out through real life, and emulation.

So....back in the day there wasn't many of these, even on my rounds in the arcades in the north west.  Quicksilvers in liverpool had one, and it was tucked away at the very back of the arcade.  But you could hear it, and yes we all sharked the machines.  If I heard the cash pot win, I ignored it.

Also if boxed wins are given a lot, 2.40 and below, it's not in a great mood either, but once you break through with a token win, you're pretty much  getting close. Go for token wins under 4.80, jackpots are thin on the ground, and mystery wins can give it.

There was a 2nd incarnation when the 6 quid jackpot arrived, and it was a much tighter game, and the streaks where flatter.

PCP I recall had their clone called XXX Cash in a project cabinet, and this was a token dump, once it got happy.  But getting it happy took a lot of cash, which I couldn't be bothered with.  Megabucks had a good balance of cash and tokens.

There was another machine at the time called blank cheque, and I know very little about it, as I saw it only once, in Blackpool North at the coffee shop / snacks.  Played a few quid, and the was a ghost symbol that said "CHEQUE" when 3 on the win line.  Other wise it stayed dark.  

Great machine, and good times.  rarely lost on this machine, but it does have a long dead phase.

Statto

Response from the author:

Very in-depth review makes a change from the usual “thanks” this is what a “review” is all about

Thankyou regards v666

• Awesome 1
Link to review