monitor resolution

AK45

hi just wondered if people change the resolution to match the DX's ? my monitor on the pc is 1920x1080 and usually thats what i stick by and understand from what i have been reading that some layouts\dx's are over 10yr old so can see why the resolution is what it was but now we can run at a higher resolution, so would it be a long time consuming job to make some of the older ones a higher resolution ?

For Fruit Machine Preview Video's    https://www.youtube.com/@akfortyfive4574/videos

These video's created by me are solely to showcase the talent of the creators and all who helped in bringing these machines to life,they are in no way a guide on how to play the machine or show how to exploit it

Yes, could be time consuming and that is assuming the original resources are available. Also the resources need to be of a high quality to sustain a decent looking DX of anything above 1280 in particular.

Have you tried full screen max mode, after opening a layout press f3.

Also you can, right click on any part of a layout and zoom in and out with the mouse wheel. Also you can click buttons while in magnify mode. Just make sure under file/preferences, the magnify option is checked.

• Like 1

thankyou for the reply , i wrote question after thinking just how great crisp and clear the "rocky horror" machine looked and running on my PC at 1920x1080 in MFME V6 it still looks great and clear, this is in no way what so ever a negative post as i understand a lot goes into the DXs and some are really old  like i said over 10yrs for some.

I tried what you said and usually run borderless fullscreen max but using the magnify on some machines dosent really help and some machines are really dark and difficult to see the progress screen "fruit chaser" for example i find it hard to see what the spin will land on.

again please do not think i am being negative as i appreciate everything you guys do and the effort involved in the making of these machines :91_thumbsup:5a57642c0ccdb_FruitChaser(Jpm)_1.thumb.jpg.de380300a80f5fee4e749c52d0f80d2a.jpg

For Fruit Machine Preview Video's    https://www.youtube.com/@akfortyfive4574/videos

These video's created by me are solely to showcase the talent of the creators and all who helped in bringing these machines to life,they are in no way a guide on how to play the machine or show how to exploit it

There are ways to lighten up layouts. Reg has posted a few times about it. 

I managed to lighten up a layout following his advice. 

Of course again it could be down to the flyer/pictures not being that great, so the darkness hides the poorer areas. 

Could also be down to monitor settings and different monitors a lot were made when we had a mixture of crt and lcd screens amongst users. 

Or in some cases it's choice,  just to set the mood of playing it in a dark arcade.

There are hundreds of layouts that could now be improved on, but many people have left FME and it's difficult to find people happy to spend time on old layouts. 

Over time, I've found how to do different things by fiddling around in edit mode and following advice and have altered some layouts here and there, with updated alphas, reels, lamps etc.  For instance all 1100+ layouts I have, have updated alphas and have click/touchable buttons and coin mechs that can be clicked or touched to enter coins. 

• Like 1

thankyou again wearecity for the response i will do some more reading but to be honest all i dare do in edit mode is change what you said in another post regarding the manager and naming machines so for anything graphical i will leave for other people if they can be done but if not then thats totally fine as i understand like i said in previous posts,i just can manage to do a stickman in an art program so i wont even try that as once i had an idea for side art with the instructions for keys to be used IE 1 2 3 space bar etc but wouldnt know where to start and also have not got a ounce of artistic talent .

Same as me, hated art.

I finally got around to using the editing tools and created my first ever layout some mere 17 years after I first used the emulator. 

Again, that man again Reg,  his guide here is really worth a read and having a go at creating the layout in the guide. Doing that you'll discover the basics, that can lead to discovering how to do other things in existing layouts.

Your new so just enjoy discovering everything and worry about updates later. 

• Like 1

yes i try to follow what reg does as he always comes up trumps and the layouts are great so i will go look through the guide and see if i can manage to do anything at all as to what i mentioned and must remember to backup backup and backup some more !!

AK45