MFME 20.1

colonel mustard

Hello, I'm a new guy on the block here, but have used the old emulators from another site for years.  Am I right that MFME 19. and 20.1  will only work with windows 10? If like me, you are an 8.1 user, it wont work?   If so then would there be any advantages to maybe getting a cheap laptop with Win 10 on to use 20.1, such as better layout quality, or games that were previously unavailable and have been released on 20.1 compared to that of 6.1.    I once tried updating my lappy to Windows 10, nothing would work and it killed all my old software that I still use today.  It took me days to restore it back to 8.1 and put everything back where it was, so I don't want to update the laptop I am currently using.

Thanks🤫

• MrWhippy 1

27 minutes ago, colonel mustard said:

Hello, I'm a new guy on the block here, but have used the old emulators from another site for years.  Am I right that MFME 19. and 20.1  will only work with windows 10? If like me, you are an 8.1 user, it wont work?   If so then would there be any advantages to maybe getting a cheap laptop with Win 10 on to use 20.1, such as better layout quality, or games that were previously unavailable and have been released on 20.1 compared to that of 6.1.    I once tried updating my lappy to Windows 10, nothing would work and it killed all my old software that I still use today.  It took me days to restore it back to 8.1 and put everything back where it was, so I don't want to update the laptop I am currently using.

Thanks🤫

Hi.

Yes V20.1, is only on Windows 10.

If you use v6.1, then you will not be able to play anything released in the past 18 months (and there has been a large amount of layouts in that time). Also anything produced in the future, won't be playable on v6.1. In short, anything produced in emulators after v6.1, will not work in v6.1.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, MFME 20.1, is superior in many ways to v6.1.

I do have Windows 10, but I'm still using a Windows 8.1.1 laptop also, which like yours, didn't like me upgrading it to Windows 10, the 3 times I tried it.