Mini PCs and MFME

Penfold

Does any use MFME with a a mini PC? My current tower PC is nearly 10 years old and ready for the tip. And with v19 only for W10, its time for an upgrade. Dont really need  another tower main usage is browsing and downloading - all fiilms and tv shows and other files are stored on an external hard drive. The biggest CPU usage would be MFME. Just wondering how it would go on. Looking on amazon most minis seem to be quad-core. even my chinese mobile is octo. Any experiences with MFME on a quad core mini please? Obvs if i find a decent cheapish Octo i will go for that. Otherwise it maybe a refurbished tower.

Although I can’t tell you exactly what one at the moment in my MFME cabinet I use a Dell Optiplex Mini.  I think it might be a 3150 that I got from eBay.  

MFME has had some brilliant optimization work by @Wizard and this is a good thread to actually kickstart what is the best to use.

By default low end PC’s are going to be lower spec as you know and I think the best marker is run DX Diag on your current PC and post the first screen with CPU etc.  

Then detail your budget and that gives the criteria that is needed, better than what you already have, mini PC and top level cost.

That will help I hope in others giving a better response.