Is there a way to put an image or video behind the machine when your playing.

designone60

I dont know if this should be two subjects. Firstly: Is there a way to put an image or video behind the machine when your playing. When you run the machine and set it to full screen max I'd like to have images or videos to fill the black background. Is that possible? Secondly: Some machines open with an image what is that for? I have to close it to play the machine...I know that is my fault but that's why I'm posting.

I am making backgrounds for machines for attract mode. I'd like to be able to include backgrounds in the background when playing. This image is from my attract mode video. I'm thinking something a little more subtle but but filling the screen is the idea.

It it can be done please tell me how or leave a link to any instructions on how to add a background.

Monopoly.png

Edited by designone60
header too long

• designone60 changed the title to Is there a way to put an image or video behind the machine when your playing.

There is although not as simple as you'd think, see my Sonic release thread which has multiple background fullscreen options with instructions how to alternate between them.

If a machine is not released with this option in it then you'd need a good understanding of the emulator to set it up on a layout by layout basis.

DX Banner.png

Hey,

So there are ways to do this using other programs so that you don't have to risk your layouts, it's probably simpler and more powerful for general use. I use OnTopReplica for this, for other stuff and I'm just starting to add things using this to my MFME setup: https://github.com/LorenzCK/OnTopReplica

You can run multiple instances of the program to use other windows. You can pretty much add as many sources as your PC will allow and it's really useful to have for music/video playlists.

Hope this helps. 

Edited by OmniUK
overlay = layout