Message popping up as soon as I open latest FruitBar (100a) .exe PLEASE HELP !

Fruity Nut

22 minutes ago, Fruity Nut said:

image.thumb.png.03f84a4c1b8d408455cfa023198c47d5.png

Tried the below but did not work as it said I cannot turn off DEP for this program (FruitBar).

The Unhandled Exception Access Violation error often appears in Windows 10, 8, and 7 when trying to run a program and can often be a quick fix.

If you were curious, the geeky explanation is that the program that you're trying to run attempted to access a protected memory address and was denied access. Yeah. Here are the three possible fixes in order of what might work best for you first.

Disable Data Execution Prevention for that program

Data Execution Prevention is designed to protect you from viruses as well as assist in memory management. As we mentioned above, if the program somehow executed memory in the wrong way, then DEP might be the cause of the Unhandled Exception Access Violation. If you trust the program, disable DEP just for that program.

Click on Start, Run or click the Windows+R keys and type in sysdm.cpl. This opens the System Properties Window.
Now go to Advanced, and click on Settings under Performance. Go to the Data Execution Prevention tab.

136_data%20execution%20prevention.jpg

As you can see in the image above, you have two choices. All you need to do is select the box that says "Turn on DEP for all the programs and services except those I select." Now, click on "Add" and browse to the executable of the program that won't run.

17 hours ago, appstrader said:

Never heard of anyone having to turn off DEP, I run Windows 11 and 10 without changing DEP settings, but did it work for you ?

Thanks for that other version however just tried and still getting error (see pic).

Funnily enough I'm also getting this same error with some games in mfme through launchbox. The games seem okay playing direct from mfme just not from launchbox. So annoying !

image.thumb.png.d6ac4e3846909dc0c17ad2d6a4796962.png

I have had the same problem. You can run fruitbar for the first time but as soon as you add the mfme, then restart, I can not select the logo in the bottom right but use the shift or control key to exit, I get the error.

20231106_210029.thumb.jpg.4df8ac7cf785bbc651337017456c0667.jpg

Does it matter where fruitbar.exe is in your filing system?

Does it read and write to any configuration files stored elsewhere in Windows.

Does it have a minimum memory requirement or graphics card.

This is such a strange problem. 

I've tried 2 different win 10 pc's.

One is a fresh install.

Both fully updated.

Direct X installed.

Doesn't matter where I run fruit bar from.

Tried changing DEP setting.

I've tried following many guides I've found online but makes no difference.

I don't know what else to do 😣

Edited by Fruity Nut

I found the configuration files in my document. If you delete them, fruitbar starts up again but as soon as you config mfme the same error appears at restart.

I am using an HP elite 8300 with 4gb ram and onboard intel graphics card.

I am not sure about the restart after config, the fruitbar screen is off to one side.

20231111_210209.thumb.jpg.c230d7bc3c7a7671d1c35b6420db2443.jpg

13 hours ago, Webster007 said:

I found the configuration files in my document. If you delete them, fruitbar starts up again but as soon as you config mfme the same error appears at restart.

I am using an HP elite 8300 with 4gb ram and onboard intel graphics card.

I am not sure about the restart after config, the fruitbar screen is off to one side.

20231111_210209.thumb.jpg.c230d7bc3c7a7671d1c35b6420db2443.jpg

Yeah same here. So Fruitbar cannot be ran once setup. I also get the same error trying to run some machines from launchbox. Running them directly works fine.

1 hour ago, Webster007 said:

I have solved the problem.

It is because you are using an old monitor like me, 4:3, and fruitbar defaults are hd, 1280x1920.

So I adjusted the setting in mfme setting to be within 1280x1024, and it worked.

No I'm using a 4k TV on the new PC and a 1080p monitor on the other. I'm outputting 1920x1080.

On 12/11/2023 at 19:56, Webster007 said:

OK, I did some more testing and to get it to work from a fresh start, I clicked save on the mfme setting, then restarted. Then added the mfme+19 exe and rom path, restarted and all worked. No need to mess around with the resolution setting, a red herring.

Can you please elaborate on exactly what you did. Sorry I don't quite understand. You say you clicked save on the mfme setting then restarted?