Fruit Machine Build - Keyboard Question

foiltravis

Last fall I built a pinball cabinet and that got me started down the path of building a Fruit machine/arcade/pinball cabinet. I have been working on it for quite some time. I am running Bigbox as the front end and have each emulator working well. It is not complete but I am getting closer.

I ordered a PacDrive on the day that Royal Mail's international shipping got hacked and after 5 long weeks it finally arrived. A huge THANK YOU to MPU_FIVE for his excellent step by step guide to programming it. He went above and beyond with detailed descriptions and pictures, super helpful. There is noway I would have figured it out.

I have the buttons lighting up as they should. I have a quit/exit button that I would like to have lit up whenever someone is playing a game, is there some method to light a button that is not defined within the game? I don't mind going into each game to configure them but I have no idea how to do this. I could simply hot wire the button but I would prefer it to work with the Fruit Games.

I also want to say thanks to all the members of this site, both current and past that have taken the time to write/answer forum posts, you have no idea how helpful it has been to be able to search and get lots of help and ideas.

As I said, not quite done, the keyboard is still my prototype (after moving on from the cardboard box). I have 12 buttons on the top defined for MFME, I also use one of the front buttons as the coin button. I use the same coin button for everything.

Forgot to mention the monitor 24 inches. Not a touch screen but it looks and works great.

Fruit Machine 1.jpg

Fruit Machine 2.jpg

Fruit Machine 3.jpg

• Like 6

On 23/02/2023 at 16:50, foiltravis said:

is there some method to light a button that is not defined within the game?

In answer to my own question I found there is a method to light a button that is not defined by the game. I have attached the PacDrive config that I used to light the quit and coin buttons.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

I will also attempt to post this in the thread where MPU_five explained how to configure/program the PacDrive.

Template Pac Drive Config.jpg