Another Build? Caught the Build VIRUS

Road Hog Mad

I've caught the build virus @Reg, so I was thinking I wanted to build another one. But in a 3/4 cab, the type of cab the Fair Games bar 7's are in (attached pic), this size will fit under my stairs. Open to suggestions for another cab style of around this height (about 5FT 5").

After seeing @No1Stoney cab build in an old mpu5 cabinet, I like the idea of two screens. 

Has anyone had the emulator running in two screen mode? one screen in landscape at the bottom and the top screen in portrait. I'm thinking the bottom screen could be like the interaction point or something or for playing pac-man on for example.

So first thing would be a cab, as these machines aren't that popular I'd probably need a different cab, again.. suggestions here are welcome.

I'm thinking an old £30 i3 off eBay will handle the computer side, I can always double up on RAM and install an SSD along with a DUEL graphics card, X2 VGA, 512MB would probably be enough, I do recall playing an emulation once, Viz I think and it was using 20% of a 2GB card so 512MB would probably be fine.

A decent monitor for portrait mode, not a TN monitor as they go dark if you change your viewing angle. 

Taliban Express sell touch screen addons for around £7, not that i've ever tried them but this would just be for selecting BIG icons to load a game so wouldn't have to be that accurate. 

Any suggestions apart from 'don't tell the wife?' :D

gallery_1964_110_3673456 (1).jpg

• Awesome 1

Will be watching this in awe!

It's the hoppers and coin mech bit that is most daunting for me, I have had layouts i've loaded in MFME and they are paying out pound coins till they run out, Can you imagine if you'd had your machine full of coins and loaded a new layout in only for it to dump all the coins into the payout tray in error! I'd probably go insane! lol.

Would love to build one myself but need to probably save some money, i'd want a BIG display at least 43" or bigger as if i'm going to do it i'm going to go full out!

am still pretty pleased with my MFME Keyboard at the moment, but it was a buzz putting it together (like a virus as you say) to the point my damn doodling hand has come up with a sketch of how i may lay out a future cab... - 31 buttons, no less!

Anyway, i look forward to seeing what you do, sorry i have no advice to give... you know way more than i do and will hopefully learn alot following along with some of the current and past cab building threads on here...

Good luck, matey. :)

103373142_CabSketch.thumb.jpg.0c38cbaa7bad74517e6e09186e99931e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1