Choices.. Choices...

Zakkieboy44

Hey, TouchPlay reports a newer version 5.21 is available - after registering on the authors site it seems 5.19 is the only one available, has anyone got a copy of 5.21 to hand? or has this project been abandoned? 

Thanks, im still unsure which front end to go with, I've put a few hours into Kodi as a front end, but to be honest the lack of portrait skins means its turning into a bigger job than I have the patience for!

SimpletouchFE look abandoned? FruitBar looks great, but no play for quiz machine and pre-loading credit emulators? So TouchPlay seems the best choice it seems - unless Im mistaken (Again)

Im just looking for a nice place for MFME and quiz machines, MAME & Pinball would be nice to have, am I over complicating things here? 

• 8 months later...

I'm in the same boat as you.

Wanting to build a cabinet but unsure on which direction to go as some are either seemingly abandoned or just not exactly what I'm looking for.

Someone mentioned using LaunchBox (BigBox) for the front-end and although it may take a little more work, that is one of the nicest front ends there are.

Hey, im going to be of limited use as im away from home atm, but am happy to chime in with experiences/guidance

In no order... bearing in mind my objectives: something to tie in: music, mame, fruities, old school quiz/spot difference, winuae, wii, pclauncher

Overall I settled on Simple Touch FE. (Mfme, quiz, winuae, wii) - it was the easiest to get a consistent result, but it was the manual route as you need to pass CLI commands...

SnapShots on MFME were helpful F8 I think, or turn on snapshot check in the prefs) but to be honest, I usually go game manager when its just me ;)

Plex for media control....

Overall ive given up, the i3 I have is never going to win any awards, and I never realised before the setup that you need a physical 45 degree button to stop getting "gamblers cramp" from the touch screen....

Happy to talk through detail if needed, consider what you actually want from your setup - I wanted it all... and we all know how that ends....