Your suggestions, ideas, thoughts etc.

Road Hog Mad

Making of thread..

Two heads are better than one, even if they're goats heads or whatever the saying is.

So with this in mind I am after your thoughts and suggestions etc.

As you all know I'm making a small build, all is going well so far apart from 1 button not lighting up and that is due to me having 15 buttons and only having a 16 pin connector of which I need 2 pins spare for the hoppers, which would mean; 2 hoppers and 14 buttons. I'm not bothered to be honest it would look odd with 5 buttons at the top and it is still functional, it just doesn't light up.

Anyway, moving on to power supplies, I do have a spare PC 12V PSU which I can use for the coin mech and hoppers, I'm aware of how to wire up with them and make them permanently on. I do recall my mate ages ago sending me a link to a smaller version of a 12V PSU but it wasn't for a PC (not that it matters) so any form of link to that will be appreciated. As the hoppers are rather expensive, the 12V Azkoyen Universal parallel, £45 each! and I need 2. I do recall someone on here using Taliban Express ones which where like £12 each but they where 24V, so this is where I have an issue, the MARS mech is 12V and the hoppers would be 24V so I'd need some form of 12/24V PSU unless I bit the bullet and spent £90 on hoppers!! Suggestions please! The hoppers would be for £1 and 10p coins.

Needed... Coin entry slot facia, metal coin mech holder, flexible tube (the type that went to the cash boxes on MPU4 machines and that plastic tray which was below the coin mech to direct the coins in to the appropriate tubes. I'm quite happy for donations if you have one lying round in a spare parts bin :) I'll pay the postage. Obviously I'm working on a tight budget, already spent £107 at Arcade World on buttons, pac drive/i-pacs. 

And I think that's it!

• Like 1

I’m not sure mate, I’m not an electrician, isn’t there a legend on the PSU?  I believe it has something to signify positive polarity, that’s what it means on speaker wire, it’s just the possible wire as opposed to the negative one.  Be careful, like I said I’m not an electrician ;)

J