Mario Kart 64 - Night/Dark Version 1.2.1

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Welcome to my DX version of Mario Kart 64.

I have never played the machine in the arcades but I saw a video on YouTube to try and get an idea what the lights looked like on the machine when it was running.

My biggest concern and thoughts about it was how on earth am I going to do the parts that run round the gameplay and get them to look like the same lighting without any bits missing. I sorted this by lightening the image of the crops on the machine itself in GIMP and then using each one to mark the end of the previous one.

I thought it would take the longest but when I got into it, it only took around 8 hours to do altogether.

Anyhow, as always, thanks to Wizard for MFME and Johnnyafc for doing the Classic layout.

I have got a lighter version of this as well and will upload it but I think I prefer this version :D

What's New in Version 1.2.1   See changelog

Released

1.2.1 - I added the light for the Mario Kart at the top screen. I used the same light number as the main logo at the bottom right of the machine, as it seemed to be the best match from watching YouTube videos.

** Apologies for the corrupt file, no idea why it happened, but I have redone it, tested it and if there are any further problems, please let me know :) **

--------------------------------------

1.2.0 - I didn't realise but there were Off Light images still there from the lighter version (which I used then changed to the night/darker version).

Looks much better and I hope that I've done everything else that I can to it. :)

--------------------------------------

1.1.0 - Updated the light for the coin slot and the light for CL. I didn't know where the CL was at first but when I watched a YouTube video, I saw where it should be and now I've looked at the picture, it's obvious where it is.

Hope you enjoy the update :)

image.thumb.png.67585f75e815cc3df3d386d63d2fcfe4.png

• Like 6

User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.