Real sounds for machines?

George Bum

First of all, thanks to those who gave me +REP so i could download machines 🙂 I've downloaded indiana jones and it's as great as i remember it. however, although i presume the sounds are accurate/board dumped, i'm wondering if it'd be possible to re-do them or to do a side fork of emulation for that machine with a package featuring newly re-sampled sounds at much higher fidelity. Would this be something that'd be possible ? i'm wondering how the files are put together/compressed as it'd be great to be able to put new versions of the original sounds in there to up the fidelity beyond that of the original. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and can suggest anything regarding how i might be able to go about doing this. i forsee playing this machine a LOT and now i don't have to watch my dad lose money on it !

No. Sounds would have to be the same length (time wise), be in the same order, same size to make the same checksum.

If not, the sounds wont run with the game rom or will be out of sync or play at the wrong time.

it is a very difficult, near impossible process to make a new sound rom for an existing game.

You will have to make do with the original sounds, as emulation is intended.