Keyboard Build & Shortcuts

Dis

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else but I have looked but cannot seem to find a specific answer.

As background I joined a couple of weeks ago and are not PC literate but have now got everything up and running to a point where I can play the games and relive my youth (late 70's-80s)😊

Though I am probably running before I can walk, to enjoy a proper 'real life' experience I've decided to build a keyboard based on Reg's guide (thanks Reg). To this end, I placed an order for the parts last week and spent this weekend box building, its made from dibond and wood and it looks okay so far. I will post on the Keyboard forum shortly once I have it wired up, as I think I may be struggling on the programming side and may need help there.

Coming to the point, yesterday I was going through my downloaded machines and entering the keyboard shortcuts into a spreadsheet, as I'm assuming I will need these for the IPAC and PACdrive set-up. As some have no notes I have worked the combinations out via trial and error, however, I am struggling with the early Barcrest machines eg Line-Up, Exchanges Unlimted etc as I cannot get the Nudge Up buttons to work (most other machines seem to be 4, 5 & 6 but not these).

As these are some of my favourite games does can anybody help me out please.

thanks

On 23/01/2023 at 10:29, Amusements said:

The shortcuts can be anything you want. There are 2 fields for each button that can be populated.

Click Design, then click Edit Mode. Right click on a button and left click Properties. You will see 2 boxes for shortcuts.

I've changed the shortcuts on the machine and effectively saved them (they show when I close & open the machine again) but it still doesn't recognise the changes on the keyboard 🤨

I'm wondering if its something to do with the age of the machine/roms, as I've checked on later layouts and I can change them fine, so I must be doing it okay. Does anybody have any thoughts?