Hoppers Not Working

Road Hog Mad

Any suggestions on this? Wired up a hopper as per @No1Stoney instructions (which has worked twice before on previous machines) and nothing is happening. @Reg

IN the winipac setting I have set it to [ on 2START and plugged it in to 16 on the ipac. 

Underneath the hopper is a little jumper plug I have tried this in various positions to no avail. How can I tell if the hopper is getting power as I can't see anything lit up?

I have double checked everything, the hoppers are azkoyen universal 12v.

help! 😁

IMG_20220307_180619955.jpg

IMG_20220307_180543825.jpg

IMG_20220307_180537958.jpg

IMG_20220307_180531302.jpg

IMG_20220307_180502939.jpg

IMG_20220307_180444361.jpg

Screenshot_20220307-174335.png

Could this be another issue with 'common ground' in other words is the hopper sharing the same ground as the ipac? The easy way to solve this if possible is splice into one of the ground wires from the pc the usbs are plugged into and use that for the hopper ground. If the hopper and ipac are connected on separate circuits then it won't work. 

I think you need to look at the laptop cable like @cja272 has done. Under the metal sheaf in the laptops power cable should be the wires. Because you have used your laptop for usb and the separate psu for the hopper , it doesn't share a common ground. Remember its all about the hopper getting the signals to pay out and stop paying out. (Your test bulb will light as there is power going to your hopper) This is driven both by the pacdrive and the ipac so everything needs to be on the same circuit . To do this everything needs to share that common ground wire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems one 10p payout game screwed all the others up, trying another game and a reboot later it works fine.

ThAnk god!

So we now know for sure if you make a laptop build and are using the original power supply and powering the hoppers off a separate supply, connecting the winipac ground to the seperate power supply earth common grounds it all.

Thank you to all that helped me!

• Like 1