Barcrest 'G for George' autoplay

Boulderdash

Been recapturing my youth this year playing lots of Barcrest clubbers from the late 80s and early 90s, such as Club Celebration, Club Pontoon and Super Blackjack Club. 

All these machines had a pretty clever feature (for 1988) called George which would play the machine in quite a realistic fashion. He's cautious - he'll collect all reel wins and only gamble up the trail until he got a middling number - but he seems to do better than me!

For example, on Club Pontoon I was struggling to achieve much more than 80% on a machine set at 88% RTP. My playing style yesterday was to gamble recklessly up the trail to get to the double bar picker, which is a great £10 base to go x3, x3, x1.5 for a jackpot. Super Blackjack Club was much easier to gamble out as you could get £10 from nudges quite low down, which was my favourite base to start at. But even easier, because it wouldn't autocollect £10 reel wins and would also allow you to 'bank' the next hi-lo card, you could often have a guaranteed x12 stored. 

Quickly gambling out a jackpot was a good way to make money in golf clubs because the members were generally old and cautious, leaving some value to be extracted. But the emulator seems to be objecting.

Overnight, George has spent £1,000 but got nearly £940 back from his simple playing style. So it seems there is a lot of value in these machines assigned to lower features that you have to collect. You can't play recklessly and expect the machine to throw a jackpot onto the reels to pick up its percentage. 

Anyone else have any thoughts about George?