DX'Cellent

Sonic the Hedgehog DX - JPM - Impact

Pook

This has been screaming out for an updated DX for years now. Bought a flyer for this last year and been chipping away at the huge yellow arrows everynow and then. Now at a stage where it can now be cabbed, thanks also to @Ross for the nice impact cab. This is based off old layouts by @razors_back & @DaemonX.

sonic.thumb.jpg.b5ae8f47a2f9f3b527c94e68efc21434.jpg

Edited by Pook
  • Like 10
  • Awesome 3

DX Banner.png

• Pook changed the title to Sonic the Hedgehog DX - JPM - Impact
5 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

Love this slot any chance if poss it could be on its £8 or mighty £15 setting too please

Not sure about that, font/style isn't exactly standard is it.

DX Banner.png

Just now, Pook said:

Not sure about that, font/style isn't exactly standard is it.

I’m sure I’ve seen images for the jackpot I asked I’ll look laters but not important I think the was originally released @£8

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would look better as a bit of side art, then again the black background could bring out the lamps more with the cab couldn't it? You bring it up really well with side art and looks even better with that Dxcellent logo, thinking of doing a logo myself, probably some fancy Big J lettering then manipulate it.

Edited by Big J

Zippy🤐 from Rainbosays "Still waiting on an apology but I won't hold my breath 😗"

2 hours ago, logopolis said:

Best to collect wins on it. Some of the lower features could even be jackpot, especially Nudge Spinner. 

Yeah anything from Nudge Spinner onward can pay well. If there was value in it, Strike it Rich and Super Sonic were excellent ways to get it out.

I seriously dislike sideart unless it can be completely closed off. That means not even a millimetre of it showing. 

If sideart is considered essential, it can still be done, but instead of colourful sideart going up to the side of the machine, making a few inches to the side of it black.

I know it may make me sound ungrateful and picky, but it serves no purpose and just distracts from the playing experience. 

With an emulator that oozes realism like never before, particularly in full screen modes, it just completely takes the realism away.

With the backdrop option available to put an arcade or a field of flowers if you prefer behind any layout, it's even less required.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wearecity said:

I seriously dislike sideart unless it can be completely closed off. That means not even a millimetre of it showing. 

If sideart is considered essential, it can still be done, but instead of colourful sideart going up to the side of the machine, making a few inches to the side of it black.

I know it may make me sound ungrateful and picky, but it serves no purpose and just distracts from the playing experience. 

With an emulator that oozes realism like never before, particularly in full screen modes, it just completely takes the realism away.

With the backdrop option available to put an arcade or a field of flowers if you prefer behind any layout, it's even less required.

I'm not a fan of sideart simply because I don't see the point. In the older days, before layouts had notes, it was a useful space for keyboard shortcuts e.t.c. but I don't see much use for it now. As I tend to run layouts in portrait mode, it means I normally end up deleting the sideart as otherwise I have to crop it every time I open a layout.

I'm in the minority though, and designers can do as they see fit I guess :)

Decal collection photography got sidetracked during my month without internet - will get caught up on it soon! :)

3 minutes ago, wearecity said:

I add “side art “ to the warning notice so it advertises what you’re playing first with mfme now we don’t need side art  much , wasn’t it originally added due to the extra screen space to the right of layouts?  All layouts are max res screen size now to side art ruins the actual machine for me as you can’t resize the whole machine to fit the screen 

but each to there own..

5 hours ago, Pook said:

j.jpg

That's right take the piss, spluttered on my vape when I saw it. Next minute you will be calling me a nancyboy:wag002: 

Zippy🤐 from Rainbosays "Still waiting on an apology but I won't hold my breath 😗"

• 1 month later...

Had a request for some high-res scans of Sonic's £8 jackpot decals, which i did, so if anyone else also wants a copy then let me know how i can upload them here, or just PM me. 

2x TIFF files, 52Mb each. One from above, the other from below. 

Not sure what the file size limit is, but i can't see TIFF in the list of supported file types on here. 

£8 is obviously the best jackpot on this one ;)

IMG_2643.JPG

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

About me: Arcade, Pinball & Fruit machine fan. 

At home: 7x Pinballs (90's to present day), Monopoly60th (£10), Indiana Jones (£8) & Sonic (£8).  

Looking for: Astra Bartops, Astra Reel Stampede, JPM Big50, Big Banker & Big Bucks.