Jolly Joker £4.80 Dx

Jolly Joker £4.80 Dx

Was a bit nervous as is my first time with this so didn't want to screw it up uploading it, if I have made a mistake anywhere please let me know.

Now on to the layout, by @bungle and myself. We were going to do the original cab but have done it this way as not only is it my first release but most importantly we are dedicating this to @Wizard as if it wasn't for him this wouldn't be happening. 

Looking forward to a few more of these and will be honest I nearly lost it trying to sort the bits and pieces out but Bungle was quite patient with me so massive thanks to him as did Pm @Reg around March last year and wanted to do a Xmas release for 2020 but things got in the way and I was a bit lazy, was intending to do a classic of something but someone talked me out of it.

This is set at 20p play with a £4.80 Jackpot and I have a serious history with this machine which most of you already know, so finally the thanks,

@bungle for his patience with me and great help in making this come alive.

@slasher who has helped me understand the emulator a lot better when it comes to designing as he really started the ball rolling with me.

@Reg for initially giving me the confidence last year (sorry for the delay)

and finally Wizard who has made my dreams come true with this world, this is dedicated to you bud and done my own edition.

Edited by Big J
Updated as uploaded unfinished layout. Triac effects are in this one, Apologies
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 5
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

View File Jolly Joker £4.80 Dx Was a bit nervous as is my first time with this so didn't want to screw it up uploading it, if I have made a mistake anywhere please let me

@Big J so now this is under your belt and well done, what is the next plan ? BTW - this is 1,000's times better then my first DX, this was it.

Congratulations on your first release on this site. Was a pleasure to give you an .FML Badge and I hope this is a road for many more layouts. Well done sir and thank you for the time taken t

Posted Images

Congratulations on your first release on this site.

Was a pleasure to give you an .FML Badge and I hope this is a road for many more layouts.

Well done sir and thank you for the time taken to make this release happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chris.png.4fd9db2b10d724816491524d3f86b8e3.png

Thank you for this awesome job, looking forward to the next one 😉. You deserve a couple of virtual 🍺🍺 sorry there is no virtual JD Honey emoji.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well done on this release, hopefully there will be more from this partnership with Bungle and then in time hopefully you will build the confidence to do your own releases as well if the situation ever arises.

It's a great moment when you do your first release and brings with it a big feeling of satisfaction and pride - good on you mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tbh uploading was more nerve racking than anything, I have never had sweaty palms, thought something was wrong with me lol. This has taken a real long time and feels like a year. Bungle sorted the images plus I already had the classic so we just got on with it, felt like giving up on a few occasions but will swallow my pride to say my arse was kicked and so glad it was. My other inspiration came from Artists like yourself and knew I could do it somehow but just needed that constant push, hopefully I can get a lot closer on my own with the next one as really quite enjoyed it, just have to take breaks at times so I don't get agitated. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the club mate and well done on your first of many 

Not downloaded yet will tomorrow going by the image it looks great just one minor thing I would change is the black background on the seven segs, make em a dark red background with a slightly lighter red for the "off" segs then the standard red for the "on" ones check out any of my layouts to see what I mean about them they look better that way.

• Thanks 2

Sorry all for my cock up, please delete the original layout I uploaded as that was unfinished (unless you have already edited yourself), this one has all the effects added.

If anyone finds errors please let me know asap as fully welcome them, practice makes perfect.

Thank you all:)

• Haha 1

Congrats on your first layout mate it looks awesome and i hope its the first of many 🍺

Edited by AK45
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MFME lands most pathetic gambler

Many thanks for this one, this looks like a rare machine to me. Don't think iv'e ever come across one, i saw a game called the jolly tavaner  what was by barcrest i think? Either way interesting release and game thanks to the both of you. Anyone any info on the game it 'self and game play? 

• Like 2

Just had a play and according to the machine id in the barbus this is a barcrest game but there's no barcrest badges on the glass and your cash wins count up different to the barcrest games of the times.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

Many thanks for this one, this looks like a rare machine to me. Don't think iv'e ever come across one, i saw a game called the jolly tavaner  what was by barcrest i think? Either way interesting release and game thanks to the both of you. Anyone any info on the game it 'self and game play? 

Cheers Tommy, yes there has been a gameplay video just done by AK45 here,

Plus I did a video on the classic when you can try for the double or triple hold off the two jokers,

Edited by Big J
  • Like 2
41 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

Just had a play and according to the machine id in the barbus this is a barcrest game but there's no barcrest badges on the glass and your cash wins count up different to the barcrest games of the times.

Oh yes, I did forget the logo good spot. These did count up like this in the wild, Taverner does the same, only thing that I can't do is get the multiple free 9 credits on it lol

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Big J said:

Oh yes, I did forget the logo good spot. These did count up like this in the wild, Taverner does the same, only thing that I can't do is get the multiple free 9 credits on it lol

So is this a full redraw or images of the machine? the reason i ask is the missing badge on the glass.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tommy c said:

So is this a full redraw or images of the machine? the reason i ask is the missing badge on the glass.

Here is one of the images we had to work with. 

A couple of bits and pieces were redrawn also like nudges and some backgrounds. Double checked and no logo on it, so we just made it our own.

Screenshot_20210410-024216_Telegram.jpg

Edited by Big J
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Welcome to the club mate and well done on your first of many 

Not downloaded yet will tomorrow going by the image it looks great just one minor thing I would change is the black background on the seven segs, make em a dark red background with a slightly lighter red for the "off" segs then the standard red for the "on" ones check out any of my layouts to see what I mean about them they look better that way.

I see where you are coming from but personally we thought it looked more alluring this way and pleasing on the eye and just went with the flow of it. I'll remember that for the future though and thanks for the suggestion👍🏻

• Like 1

Congratulations on your first joint release!! I will really enjoy playing this one, so thanks to everyone involved.

Hopefully the bug will bite you now, and you will be churning out more great classics:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!