PleasureDome Pack

StarshipUK

I have not added any links and the emulator is not included in their download - just roms and layouts, but little information on if they are the same as the ones here or if for older versions of the emulator.

Personally I think things in life should be kept easy and stress free. I am really not sure why there is a need to jump through so many hoops, over so many hurdles and into a lake to be able to download the emulator (I am sure there will be a tonne of attacking and slightly strongly worded border-abusive replies now with very good reasons as to why this is so restricted and bloody hard to get!). The emulator is harder to get than the covid vaccine!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • MrWhippy 3

It’s not really relevant any longer as mfme is no longer an active project due to the passing of the author.

I imagine having mfme in one location improved workflow for Chris/Wizard. Also it would have been a lot less hassle to keep track of any bug reports, updates etc as he didn’t have to visit all fme sites to check for any emulator feedback, ultimately it just makes sense having mfme exclusively available from one vendor.

In the last couple of mfme releases Chris was making it even easier for everyone with remote auto updates, though you still needed to install the initial base version.

J

3 hours ago, StarshipUK said:

I have not added any links and the emulator is not included in their download - just roms and layouts, but little information on if they are the same as the ones here or if for older versions of the emulator.

Personally I think things in life should be kept easy and stress free. I am really not sure why there is a need to jump through so many hoops, over so many hurdles and into a lake to be able to download the emulator (I am sure there will be a tonne of attacking and slightly strongly worded border-abusive replies now with very good reasons as to why this is so restricted and bloody hard to get!). The emulator is harder to get than the covid vaccine!

The system in place is how it has been for a long while. 

While in principle I don't disagree that things shouldn't be stress free, bandwidth etc costs money. Sure, there are sites like mega that people could upload bundled packages of layouts to, but it's been shown time and time again that these sites disappear and things are lost, (as an example, look at clone hero or frets on fire song lists. They're always vanishing as file hosts like rapidshare/mega upload disappear or even Google drive accounts get banned) so therefore this site operates in the way that it does to preserve everything. 

Of course it's not without it's piss takers or people trying to make a quick buck.

As posts above explain, MFME should only be hosted here as per the authors wishes and as per manufacturer wishes (if I remember rightly?) It should not be bundled with any roms or layouts.

We have come to accept it like this. I hope I have helped you to understand more now. If you still don't like it, you could always find another scene.

Edited by slasher
  • Like 1

Everyone, please re-read my post as your all getting it wrong. At no point have I mentioned about not having the emulator available on other sites being the issue - as I have come across other sites where they also only host files and have redistribution rules (the speak and spell emulator comes to mind, where the author banned Poland! An entire country!), but this is the only site where not only have I had to sign up to download a file, also waiting for the account to be approved, then having to post an introduction post to be able to download the file, but then having to post several more posts before being able to download the file, but then having to get a certain number of people I do not know liking those posts before being able to download a single file. To me it just seems a bit over the top with all those stages and steps, and while I might get hated for having an opinion I can't think of one other site where I have had to go through such a procedure to download a file.

Edited by StarshipUK
  • No 1
  • MrWhippy 1

I see what you mean now... It's been asked many times.

Basically it's like it is because some idiot decided to sell the content thus lining his own pockets, so there was a bigger need to protect the content of the site hence the hoops you have to jump through.

Hope that clears this up.

• Like 2

I still can't see how the complex procedure to get hold of it, would stop that kind of thing from potentially happening. Especially also when there is an auto update in the program meaning if someone got hold of a copy in a obscene and illegal way, anyone who has a copy would then have no reason or need to sign up or log in to this site to obtain updated versions, where the roms and layouts are available to get elsewhere.

Anyway, going back to the original topic before prolific assumptions were made, I guess no one knows anything about the pack on the site I asked about, so guess I will have to figure it out for myself.

• Like 1
  • No 2
  • MrWhippy 1

I can't find any stipulations in the emulator terms and conditions about box that mention any exclusivity to DIF.  It states 'distribution via CD/DVD rom or packaging it with layouts and roms is forbidden.

I think it's nice that it is kept in one place but I do agree with StarshipUK.  Maybe just the emulator alone should be easier to access to new members.  

Anyway, this is Regs' site and his rules, he's a really nice bloke who ;)

By the way, I believe the PleasureDome pack might be the service that our in-house curator keeps up to date.  It should include all available roms and layout files, up to date from whenever the file was uploaded.

I mean, the size might be a good indication, is it close to 20GB?

J

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Big J said:

It is what it is and that is how it was/set and is most certainly the best way. Now lets imagine what life would be like during lockdown with shag all to play fruit machine wise, pretty dull.

Be like me and work all way through lockdowns 1,2,3 and possible 4 & 5 so didn’t / don’t get chance to play em all 

as for the emulator it does make sense for it to be only on one site the most used site emulation wise of course it can’t only be exclusively downloaded from here I bet there’s a 1000+ members playing mfme and they didn’t even know about this site maybe even downloaded from a torrent site etc, even though it’s technically only available on here it will and probably have found it’s way around the net long before wizards untimely departure nothing is exclusive anymore

2 hours ago, StarshipUK said:

Everyone, please re-read my post as your all getting it wrong. At no point have I mentioned about not having the emulator available on other sites being the issue - as I have come across other sites where they also only host files and have redistribution rules (the speak and spell emulator comes to mind, where the author banned Poland! An entire country!), but this is the only site where not only have I had to sign up to download a file, also waiting for the account to be approved, then having to post an introduction post to be able to download the file, but then having to post several more posts before being able to download the file, but then having to get a certain number of people I do not know liking those posts before being able to download a single file. To me it just seems a bit over the top with all those stages and steps, and while I might get hated for having an opinion I can't think of one other site where I have had to go through such a procedure to download a file.

@Wizard wanted it hosted here and there is a whole load of back-end services that this site provides for it.

I am sorry if you think you are jumping through hoops to get an emulator and I am very sorry that as an admin of this site it took a little while for me to approve your account.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, A:E said:

I think it's nice that it is kept in one place but I do agree with StarshipUK.  Maybe just the emulator alone should be easier to access to new members. 

See above.

When you got to MFME.CO.UK you go here, to this site.

Wizard also stopped it being hosted elsewhere.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1

• Reg locked this topic