Action Bank (Barcrest)

Dave King

Good morning, another numpty post from me.

I wonder if anyone can help, I've just downloaded the above fruit machine (a pub classic I remember from about 1989 on a £4 jackpot, I used to love it when the Action nudges dropped).

I've extracted the file and have been presented with all these files, I know you use the .gam file to use with the MFME emulator, I just don't know what one I'm supposed to use.

Could someone please explain why so many files are within the zip file and what do they all mean, most importantly, which one do I use to play this classic fruit machine.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Action Bank (Barcrest) 20_03_2021 05_59_43 (2).png

Take a look at the gallery section.

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/category/5-mfme-layouts/

Select Barcrest and then where it says sort, sort by caption.

This will show you the layout in alphabetical order.

You'll see all the action bank layouts together with descriptions that match up with the gam file names, see which ones you like the most and keep those gam files.

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/category/8-barcrest/&sortby=image_caption ASC%2C image_id &sortdirection=desc

Edited by wearecity

That seams a hell of a lot of bandwidth wastes there 

I’ve never used the legacy section as have most if not all layouts, but take the above file for instance there’s at least ten to 12 different  versions each fml weighing in at approx 2-3mbs each depending on size and each of those is accompanied by another 1mbs plus of gam and ram in each so that’s totalling approx 4mbs per game 

of which said member will only want one dx and maybe one classic of said layout so the other 36mbs of data have been wastefully downloaded costing the members and site owners bandwidths 

so couldn’t either each game be separately downloaded starting with the latest dx or classic available 

Yes it’s a lot of work but you could make each layout have sub sections each containing the respective files in downward order 

so a member clicks onto say “action bank” then they’re offers the 10plus files to download separately that way the member is only downloading one file needed not 10?

and wouldn’t be bombarded with all these fml/gam and ram files?

• No 2

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

I’ve never used the legacy section as have most if not all layouts, but take the above file for instance there’s at least ten to 12 different  versions each fml weighing in at approx 2-3mbs each depending on size and each of those is accompanied by another 1mbs plus of gam and ram in each so that’s totalling approx 4mbs per game 

of which said member will only want one dx and maybe one classic of said layout so the other 36mbs of data have been wastefully downloaded costing the members and site owners bandwidths 

so couldn’t either each game be separately downloaded starting with the latest dx or classic available 

Yes it’s a lot of work but you could make each layout have sub sections each containing the respective files in downward order 

so a member clicks onto say “action bank” then they’re offers the 10plus files to download separately that way the member is only downloading one file needed not 10?

That would be a great idea and would stop questions from new members like myself.

• No 1

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

The legacy section will stay as it is - happy with how it works and to be honest - it's not a huge drain and that is my problem rather then anybody elses to be concerned about.

14 minutes ago, Dave King said:

That would be a great idea and would stop questions from new members like myself.

There are no stupid questions, everybody starts from zero when it comes to this emulator and when people ask, that means they are using it which I am sure would make the late @Wizard who as the author of it very happy.

• Like 1

Just now, Reg said:

The legacy section will stay as it is - happy with how it works and to be honest - it's not a huge drain.

There are no stupid questions, everybody starts from zero when it comes to this emulator and when people ask, that means they are using it which I am sure would make the late @Wizard who as the author of it very happy.

Thank you Reg, I'm sure I'll find the one I want, it was just odd finding so many files in one file. I've been lucky so far with just the one .gam file with the few ones I've downloaded.

• Like 1