My first fruit cabinet

flippertje

Been meaning to post an update on my build (which is at least partly inspired by flippertje’s work!

- MDF cabinet flatpack from eBay
- 23.8” Hannspree touch screen monitor
- salvaged HP PC taken out of case
- Will have 9 physical buttons on top panel plus coin and service buttons on front
- will use MiniPac and PacDrive to control inputs and lamps

A couple of weeks in to the build and it’s coming together nicely.  The main issue is I wish I’d have gone with a mini-PC or NUC as the small-form-factor PC takes up a lot of room, even now removed from its case.  It’s just making work much harder.

My other issue is how to cover the gap between the cabinet and the monitor.  I can’t put a sheet of perspex with painted bezel on top, as that would stop the touchscreen working.

Software-wise, I’m using LaunchBox but super-disappointed to find I can’t scroll the interface using touch gestures.  This is standard Windows functionality that is somehow broken in LaunchBox 😡

All in all, having tremendous fun putting this together.

B36493DC-6CBA-4723-AD08-227EE3A9F912.jpeg

Edited by Timpharrison
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, flippertje said:

Today I am trying to install the hopper. 

Should be straight forward enough with one of them. I have the 110v version of the one your using. Hopefully you have the 220v version (mine cant handle more than 150 coins as it is underpowered).

Edited by Amusements
Stupid keyboard wouldn't let me finish typing.

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 06/04/2021 at 18:01, flippertje said:

When I started this project I hadn't thought about a touchscreen yet. Actually, this was also a trial and I had the monitor left. I have now discovered that I miss a few buttons with some layouts, or that the description of the buttons is not quite correct. So if I'm going to make a version 2.0 again, I will definitely consider a touchscreen. But I think real buttons are part of it. I also found out that I may have made the case a bit too small, as I now have little room for a hopper. But I'm just going to try.

Wanna sell it? ;)

living the dream