Hi can anyone help

Matt Brown

4 hours ago, Matt Brown said:

How do i add a background behind the machine i am playing? Ive seen someone playing a machine with a picture of Las Vegas in the background.

2 hours ago, A:E said:

That’s down to the layout designer of the layout.  You could do it yourself but it would require a small amount of work.  Not sure if you can edit layouts if they have been published by the author so might be a problem.

J

This can be done very simply by the user as per the talk in this thread, it was introduced in v19 of the emulator onwards.

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2433-mfme-beta-testers-required/page/3/&tab=comments#comment-16103

Matt Brown, In short, click on design, then edit mode, then right click not on the machine picture itself, but on a blank area to the side of it and choose properties to bring up the background properties.

You then see the backdrop box and you can browse to a picture and have it behind the machine, such as Reg's vegas pics.

Some default ones are also available, or you could use your own pictures. As you can see there's a tiled option or just have it cover the whole background with one picture, you can also have several pictures and have it choose a random one each time the layout opens.

You will find in the MFME v20 installation folder, the folder where you store the images. v20 isn't available to me, right now, so can't tell you the exact name of the folder, but might be default backdrops or similar.

• Like 3

Now I've looked, I see you right click on the yellow area to browse for a picture on your PC.

The folders are default backdrops and default tiles and in the preferences under file, preferences, there are options to have backdrops and tiles load automatically with every layout. Plus if someone puts one on a layout, you don't like, then override layout tiles/backdrops will stop it from appearing when loading a layout.

• Like 1