payout issues

Eternal Rage1

15 minutes ago, Eternal Rage1 said:

is there a way to change the payout percentage of a machine, example, was playing a machine last night and had to put nearly 1000 in it before it got close to jackpot  thx and also the bit in the middle where the led writing goes across is dark on some machines, can this be changed anyway  thx again in advance

In most cases the answer to both question is YES!

Which machine are you referring to?

• 4 months later...

A few i'd like to ask about - so on many of the old 10p/£4 barcrests like Flash Cash, Action Bank, Cash Zone and  Cash Counter.

Flash cash: Has a payout of 78% but cannot be changed via dip switches or the payout% drop down list - no matter what switches you flick, it stays at "Target 78.0" is there anyway of changing it?

Action Bank, Cash Zone and Cash Counter  dont' seem to have any way of even checking what %age its running at (i've even added an alpha display, but none of these 3 machines seem to have a way to show what %age they're running at) test mode doesn't seem to work either, and refill just shows "token refill" and thats it

any clues? do some of these old barcrest just have the one %age they run at?

Edited by WonkySausage

Some, not all can be changed by editing the GAM file with something like Notepad++. This is from fruitemu.com........

You need to edit the .gam file and replace the SetPercent & Percentage pairings:

SetPercent 70 ... Percentage 0
SetPercent 72 ... Percentage 1
SetPercent 74 ... Percentage 2
SetPercent 76 ... Percentage 3
SetPercent 78 ... Percentage 4
SetPercent 80 ... Percentage 5
SetPercent 82 ... Percentage 6
SetPercent 84 ... Percentage 7
SetPercent 86 ... Percentage 8
SetPercent 88 ... Percentage 9
SetPercent 90 ... Percentage 10
SetPercent 92 ... Percentage 11
SetPercent 94 ... Percentage 12
SetPercent 96 ... Percentage 13
SetPercent 98 ... Percentage 14

So if you want to change to percentage payout to 80% you simply change the text in the .gam file thusly:

Percentage 5
SetPercent 80

Hope it helps

• Thanks 1

Tried it with Flash cash (which is the only one, when the door is open you can press start to check the target, still shows 78%) 

I'll try a few more, but worse comes to the worse, lets be honest, can you imagine an old arcade running 10p/£4 games at 92% - they'd make next to no money, so i understand the low % being fixed :D

Sometimes the % is determined via the dip switches on older machines. 

Sometimes it's worth trying to turn them on in the configuration screen.

It can also other do other settings, like auto payout and price of play. 

Otherwise it could be worth trying others roms. 

Most machines I remember back from the £4 era, had payouts of no greater than 78% and in many cases more like 70%-74%.

I certainly don't ever remember seeing a machine in the 90% area, low 80s at best. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wearecity said:

Most machines I remember back from the £4 era, had payouts of no greater than 78% and in many cases more like 70%-74%.

I certainly don't ever remember seeing a machine in the 90% area, low 80s at best. 

78% still played a great game in those days, what percentages were the big streakers set on if 78 I expect they took a fair bit after a token dump!!

and they still play better on those percentages than today’s tripe, my cash counter layout is bang on percentage then or nearly at 77.8%

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

78% still played a great game in those days, what percentages were the big streakers set on if 78 I expect they took a fair bit after a token dump!!

and they still play better on those percentages than today’s tripe, my cash counter layout is bang on percentage then or nearly at 77.8%

oh  yeah, I've been playing Flash Cash and Blackjack quite a bit today - both unchangeable at 78% but both are immensly fun. Think i mentioned elsewhere, these old barcrests of the Flash Cash/BlackJack/Action Bank era are so much fun to play , always something going on, and so much entertainment compared to some of the borefests we have out there in the £500 video slot, or even the £100 reels era

3 hours ago, wearecity said:

the only older barcrests ive been able to change are games clubbers like Blackjack club, Club  Shuffle and Classic Club as the whole top row of dip switches alter the % from 72-88 (all 8 on for the 88%)