Omega Maygay Sound roms

Zippy

Great news on the correct sound ROMs being sourced.

I hope I don't offend people here but what a boring looking machine! but what a wonderful sound package, as was the norm from Maygay during this period of licensed (or shall I dare say unlicensed) sound samples.

Amazing to see resources still being located after all these years.

Edited by Mort
  • Like 1

As good fortune would have it I'm off work today so I managed to turn this one around pretty quickly :) 

Also includes an extended intro discussing the arcades in Blackpool and how exciting they were in the 1980s and early 90s.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Here is the layout in Chops vid, as well as 2 full sets of ROM's.... go crazy folks!

Not had chance to test set 2 yet, so will not surprise me, if this is a £6JP variant.

Omega £4.80JP 20p (Classic - Maygay).zip Maygay Omega £4.80JP 20p ROMs 1.zip Maygay Omega £4.80JP 20p ROMs 2.zip

Edited by stanmarsh14
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, stanmarsh14 said:

Here is the layout in Chops vid, as well as 2 full sets of ROM's.... go crazy folks!

Not had chance to test set 2 yet, so will not surprise me, if this is a £6JP variant.

Omega £4.80JP 20p (Classic - Maygay).zip 1.03 MB · 0 downloads Maygay Omega £4.80JP 20p ROMs 1.zip 152.37 kB · 0 downloads Maygay Omega £4.80JP 20p ROMs 2.zip 152.37 kB · 0 downloads

Excellent thanks!

SA4-089 is Omega Single Site and SA4-090 is Omega Single Site Data version. So effectively the same rom, just data and non-data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great result all round hopefully the final piece of the puzzle will be done soon, the dx?? Looking at the various images we have of this it doesn’t look to bad to recreate the decals etc for this 

maybe one for you @Retrofruit

thanks @Chopaholic for the video too. I take it this can out after sudden impact and the like as has more “features” than them like an improved edition 

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

Great result all round hopefully the final piece of the puzzle will be done soon, the dx?? Looking at the various images we have of this it doesn’t look to bad to recreate the decals etc for this 

thanks @Chopaholic for the video too. I take it this can out after sudden impact and the like as has more “features” than them like an improved edition 

Thanks for the thought Vectra, maybe in the distant future, got too much lined up for now to take another one on!

Hopefully @Pook will continue his original attempt or if not I am sure @Tommy c would do it justice.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

Pook had it as a wip but didn't do any more due to sound 

ezgif-6-228f2c936d48.gif

Sidney Youngblood on the Hi-Lo sample, thanks for the review @Chopaholic still love the vids bud, don't know if it is my headset or your Pc emitting heavy bass but feels like a nightclub on my eardrums. No point in waiting on Pook to Dx it as nobody knows when he will be back, as long as he is alright that is the main thing.

Bar-Gain has a pretty damn good package and sure there was one other clone of these iirc.

Big Thanks to Mr P:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy c said:

Excellent result, thanks to all involved. As for a dx if pook has this in wip then there will be a dx at some point, I'm sure he will be back after a break and will be buzzing to see sound roms turn up for this.

He is active on mpu mecca as last visited  mecca 5hrs ago

ezgif-6-228f2c936d48.gif

Just now, infection said:

He is active on mpu mecca as last visited  mecca 5hrs ago

Everyone has a break, he may have signed in anonymous as he's having some down time, who knows. He will be back some time i reckon, I will never start a wip knowing another member had already started one! That's why i haven't made a dx for 28 plays later as @Ploggy said he was sorting a dx at some point. There isn't a time limit on when a wip should be released or completed :)

• Like 3