Driving a hopper

gareth_iowc

Can anyone help me get this hopper running?

I've connected pin 1 to 24v and pin 2 to 0.

Pin 3 and 4 aren't connected.

Was running when in a machine that i no longer have to test.

If im understanding the manual correct i just need to apply power for it to start spinning but i does not.

Gears and motor are free to move. I get a small jolt of movements when turning on sometimes

20210107_220644.jpg

Screenshot_20210107-202901_Drive.jpg

It mentions an internal brake. If you are powering the motor, and you  are getting a judder, then it may be that. If your still having problems with it. Try posting on fruitemu.co.uk. I think someone from coin control recently joined there?

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

Hello All

I had the same problem, that hopper need a hopper driver board , i take out the pcb from the hopper, and connect the motor to 24 volt(black=+24 volt white=0),and i order a coincounter at aliexpress ,the coinoutput have i 3d printed.

Great Bert

20210108_180655_resized.jpg

hopper pcb.PNG

20210108_180712_resized.jpg

20210108_180826_resized.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, davep180 said:

I had one of the hoppers in @gareth_iowc post. The problem I had was stopping the b*stard! As soon as it was connected to power, it just ran. I still have it if you think you can use it for anything. I ended up with a MK4 and Azkoyen mix, and I had to use @WibbleWobble's expertise to get that far! Good luck in your quest!

That should work fine without the trigger board on MFME so long as you put the opto sensor back on it. Use a 5v relay to connect the power to the motor (cut into = + or - to the hopper) trigger the relay via the Pacdrive from outputs 15 or 16, and then use another 5v relay to trigger "[" or "]" on the Ipac from the opto sensor which would then cut the power after the correct amount of coins are counted.

Example

Hopper 1 pin 16 on Pacdrive.  [ = coin out sensor.
Hopper 2 pin 15 on Pac Drive. ] = coin out sensor

• Like 2

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

• 2 weeks later...

So I've managed to get this working now. Compact hopper mk2'S i bought had a fault on the coin counting circuit causing a dead short.

I've bought a mk1 and it's working fine and a key input is registered on the ipac when a coin exits.

The hopper is wired into pac drive 4 channel 16. When pressing test on that channel it works. 

If i press test hopper nothing happens and when the machine pays out nothing happens either.

Are there any other settings i need to change? 

20210123_222657.jpg

Edited by gareth_iowc