YouTube Barcrest Up & Over V0.3

logopolis

Here is a video of the playing method on the unchipped version 0.3 of Barcrest Up & Over. You can reverse the gamble on middle numbers and the machine will normally win. This will not work on the later 0.4 version. It is possible to empty because the jackpot can repeat several times. I had about 4 repeats once in the wild all those years ago but it is rare.

• Like 1

Had a few of these about as well which were good money makers. A couple of the independent suppliers had one, along with Leisure Link etc. The V0.3 roms are actually on sites like planetemu. I only just realised this last week having previously assumed they weren't available yet.

Still looking for Maygay The Simpsons roms where you can get the £60 streak.

I have no idea if it worked on the club machine. Never actually seen one, didn't know it even existed! 

What I probably should have mentioned before is the jackpot won't repeat or very rarely on the cash stack. Going the notes route (like I did in the video) is the best way because the jackpot can repeat and could repeat a few times.

What are your long term stats logopolis? Have you got it over 100%?

There were some interesting comments left on my video too about how to play it optimally so I might do a follow-on video for this.

Also someone got the date right for me (I said 2000/2001) but apparently it was released in 1998 on a £10 jackpot and was then quickly upgraded to a £15 jackpot in 1999.

EDIT - It settles down nicely after a few hundred quid through it too, I've used autoplay on it, and it starts to get some natural streak value and enhanced periods in there.

Edited by Chopaholic

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

At 21:30 in the video, I show the long term meters. It's at 136% but it should be a lot better because some of that play is from the 0.4 chipped machine as I didn't ram clear the stats. I put the 0.3 roms straight in the existing 0.4 layout, so the long term stats weren't zero when I first played the 0.3. 

I don't think I saw a £10 Up & Over in the wild. Leisure Link had a few they were siting in pubs around here about the same time as The Simpsons. I remember the route mainly consisted of Up & Overs and Blue Simpsons with a few JPMs. 

You will find Barcrests gain streak value after they settle down with a lot of play. Arabian Nights, Neptunes etc. are examples.

• Like 1