Unable to Download Presently

Jinkerton1974

Hi Guys

As I am still new to the site I was wandering why I am currently unable to download anything ?. I keep seeing the following message in any download section "Sorry but you don't have permission to download this".

I was able to download and update my MFME yesterday and I was also able to download the Eastenders Red Edition too but from that point all the brakes have come on. I have checked my account status and it says that no restrictions are in place so I am a little confused.com at the moment.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Again apologies for this post as I am still very new to this site and how things work.

40 minutes ago, Jinkerton1974 said:

Hi Guys

As I am still new to the site I was wandering why I am currently unable to download anything ?. I keep seeing the following message in any download section "Sorry but you don't have permission to download this".

I was able to download and update my MFME yesterday and I was also able to download the Eastenders Red Edition too but from that point all the brakes have come on. I have checked my account status and it says that no restrictions are in place so I am a little confused.com at the moment.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Again apologies for this post as I am still very new to this site and how things work.

Its likely you've hit your download limit.  All explained here.....

• Like 4

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4898-faq/

You'll find download limits in the above thread.

4 a day, 8 a week, 16 a month.

Don't forget other FME sites such as www.dadsfme.com and www.fruitemu.co.uk where you can find some downloads not here.

Also, hosted by this website https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/forum/26-dxcellent/ I believe that downloads from the DXcellent part of the forums can be downloaded in addition to the limits. There's some great layouts of machines, you'll find the file at the bottom of the first post in each thread, usually under the picture of the machine.

Obviously if you want unlimited, just make a donation, it's appreciated and well worth it.

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, wearecity said:

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4898-faq/

You'll find download limits in the above thread.

4 a day, 8 a week, 16 a month.

Don't forget other FME sites such as www.dadsfme.co.uk and www.fruitemu.co.uk where you can find some downloads not here.

Also, hosted by this website https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/forum/26-dxcellent/ I believe that downloads from the DXcellent part of the forums can be downloaded in addition to the limits. There's some great layouts of machines, you'll find the file at the bottom of the first post in each thread, usually under the picture of the machine.

Obviously if you want unlimited, just make a donation, it's appreciated and well worth it.

Used to be .co.uk, now its www.dadsfme.com :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wearecity said:

I have corrected.

Wasn't sure about pointing people towards sites, so they can effectively just download bulk, but I guess you didn't do them to not be played.

We don't have a massive following at 'DADs' so we've never seen the need to have download restrictions.  Also quite a few designers only release their layouts here so I don't think bandwidth is an issue.  Thanks for the 'fix' though  :)

Edited by dad
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, dad said:

We don't have a massive following at 'DADs' so we've never seen the need to have download restrictions.  Also quite a few designers only release their layouts here so I don't think bandwidth is an issue.  Thanks for the 'fix' though  :)

I think the regular purges of people that just lurk to download but never post also helps as it keeps the leechers out

• Like 1

21 hours ago, A:E said:

If you want unlimited downloads then just donate to the site.

Not sure what the daily limit is for non donators, is it a daily or weekly allowance, but surely you haven’t only downloaded one layout?

J

Hi There

I definately didnt hit the daily download limit. I only downloaded the new MFME and 1 fruit machine file. Thats all.

Failed downloads will also count towards the limit, or multiple downloads of the same file.

As others have said, if you chuck a tenner into the site running costs, you'll have access to all of it. The legacy layout section is worth it alone!

Other ways to get access are design some layouts yourself or contribute resources if you have any :) 

Of course the other option is to wait until next week and see if they've reset, or to PM @pete_w to check if you have hit your limit or if it's just some freak occurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Failed downloads will also count towards the limit, or multiple downloads of the same file.

As others have said, if you chuck a tenner into the site running costs, you'll have access to all of it. The legacy layout section is worth it alone!

Other ways to get access are design some layouts yourself or contribute resources if you have any :) 

Of course the other option is to wait until next week and see if they've reset, or to PM @pete_w to check if you have hit your limit or if it's just some freak occurance.

I had 2 failed downloads and it hit my limit lol, but donated.

• Like 2
  • MrWhippy 1