Hopper setup for tokens

davep180

Hi everyone. I am currently trying to setup hoppers to pay out. I have hopper 1 set to £1 and hopper 2 set to 10p. I have read on here that you can set the 10p hopper to payout tokens, i guess either 10p ones for layouts such as line up or snappy viper, and 2x10p for layouts such as Andy Capp or Road Hog (£6 token jackpot), My question is, how do you do this? Is there somewhere in the layout that says which hopper does what? Just to confuse things the Hot Pot layout i have pays out in 50p and 10p. Are some layouts just not able to be used with my hopper configuration? I guess this could also be posted in the newbie section too. Any information, will be greatly received. Thanks. Dave

So long as the layout is using triacs for the payouts, you can use either hopper for payouts, and set multipliers in the 2nd column.  

Here are some examples of what I set up for my cabinet.
roadhog.thumb.jpg.392e724f1d4eb5d7e23e7def48862109.jpg

snappy.thumb.jpg.e520cf2166780efd71a156a3f3584d57.jpg

fireball.thumb.jpg.a568fceb0f97415fc7a12a52a9a34d2f.jpg

hotpot.thumb.jpg.2fbe38b1fee40f0f1f98ce44d00bf83a.jpg

If your layout uses hoppers 1 or 2 only, then you can not switch the hopper round in config, unless you reconfigure the Ipac to swop the coin out sensors ([ ])

Don't forget that you may also have to edit the credit inputs to suit the payouts.

Edited by Amusements
added hotpot image
  • Like 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

• 1 month later...

Every machine is different for payouts, on a JPM machine for example; the £1 hopper maybe on TRIAC 3, it's trial and error in finding out which one is correct, but generally all Barcrests of this era, Andy Capp etc. All use the same, so that speeds things up a bit, plus you can save it and reload it in to another.

The Likes of MPU5 Big Brother for example just use a £1 hopper, so they're easy, "Hopper1."

• 3 weeks later...