Jackymeister banned member

Zippy

I have been asked by this member over at Dads who use to be a member here until his unsympathetic words in the Wizards Rest Area if he could come back into Desert Island Fruits. I am neither here nor there whether he does or not as initially I didn't give a monkey's but I suppose we all deserve a second chance after all some have had many chances and still to this day haven't got a clue.

A lot of members were angry at the time including me as it was a very delicate time but would Wizard be forgiving and say "oh go on then"? A lot of you have known Chris longer than me whether in FME Land or personally if you was lucky, so I couldn't really say.

It is up to you lot, I am not voting at all as have done the main part, as Harvey would say "it's in your hands"!

Thanks all

• Like 3

End of the day it’s upto pete W who is or who isn’t maybe in time reg will become admin for the site 

it’s not for us members to decide who’s banned or not

in my eyes if you don’t behave and are insulting to others then you should be banned or at least warned 

I’m speaking from experience it’s not nice to be constantly picked on for doing your best

sometimes you can post something that’s completely misunderstood by others I’ve done this many times as my grammar isn’t my best forte 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Big J said:

Now you know this part of your post is not true as Pete hasnt changed anything here.

It is still in the hands of the members.

But the members don’t own or run the site we’re only the goods on the shelf 

This is where the site needs a mod or admin to help out where possible

• Like 3
  • No 1

I don't think any members should have a say if a member is banned or unbanned.   If someone breaks the site rules they should be immediately suspended, if they break site rules again they get banned.   There should be nothing in between, just because you are long time member doesn't mean the rules should be bent.   

We don't want another fruit emu on our hands.  Even though I rate it as a resource it has had such a history with mods.  If active members become mods then that is when things can become corrupt.

J

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

But the members don’t own or run the site we’re only the goods on the shelf 

This is where the site needs a mod or admin to help out where possible

That doesn't matter, Wizard came up with the idea, Harvey agreed and so did a fair few of us, you are making something out of nothing.

You should read Pete's post again, he said nothing has changed well not yet anyway, besides I am pretty damn sure he could make an informal decision if he had too.

No one else apart from Tommy made that point on being underage does anyone else think this?

@A:E That is a damn good point which makes my point valid, in essence members here long and short term are moderators in an uncanny sort of way without the title, well that is how I see it and official mods should never be assigned.

Edited by Big J
Just seen Altered's post

Looking back in the history of MFME, the scene really shit on Chris with the leaking of unreleased versions. After a long hiatus he forgave the scene as a whole and gave us all a second chance (and what a chance it was). With his forgiving spirit in mind i think it only fair we follow his example and forgive what in all fairness was pretty much just an awkward, insensitive remark. nothing more. Allow the lad back I say.  

• Like 2

I remember this. The guy apologised on Dads within hours of the remark. Whether that was due to other peoples reactions, or his own realisation is not known. As others have said, sometimes what you write is read by others differently to how you perceived it to be. It was pretty (very) insensitive, but i would give him another go. Lessons learned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A:E said:

I don't think any members should have a say if a member is banned or unbanned.   If someone breaks the site rules they should be immediately suspended, if they break site rules again they get banned.   There should be nothing in between, just because you are long time member doesn't mean the rules should be bent.   

We don't want another fruit emu on our hands.  Even though I rate it as a resource it has had such a history with mods.  If active members become mods then that is when things can become corrupt.

J

Agreed 

ezgif-6-228f2c936d48.gif