Blacklisted layout

Tommy_Belfast

You’re doing nothing wrong 

these blacklisted layouts are from a certain previous member whom “sold” mfme and others layouts for their own gain, they changed others work and called it there own. 

if you still want to play these layouts they still work in previous version of mfme v19.8 so it’s best to keep that version and v20 in your folder

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, A:E said:

I think you could un-blacklist them by cleansing the layout of any references to slotsrus or the authors name.

J

But that would contradict Wizards wishes wouldn't it unblacklisting a layout from a blacklisted layout creator, think there is only one isn't there?

Some  were blacklisted by association but were unblacklisted later.Best thing is to play them in an earlier emulator.The blacklisting was Wizards way of protesting the profiteering of a certain individual .A sentiment we all agree with.As it stands every layout is available free thanks to the hard work of Geddy gathering them and listing them and the rom finder in the latest update.You can only play one layout at a time you don't needs thousands on your hard drive  anyway.I personally am against any hacking or mucking about with emulator it should and must stay as is.

• Like 1

LOL What's the difference?  Edit the layout and play it in V20.  If you are still playing Slots R Us layouts then you are going against Wizard wishes anyway.

By the way you don't need to hack mfme to potentially cleanse a layout?  I don't even know if it would work as I don't play SRU layouts, not that I know of anyway. 

J

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, A:E said:

LOL What's the difference?  Edit the layout and play it in V20.  If you are still playing Slots R Us layouts then you are going against Wizard wishes anyway.

By the way you don't need to hack mfme to potentially cleanse a layout?  I don't even know if it would work as I don't play SRU layouts, not that I know of anyway. 

J

A couple of V20 layouts released by him tonight. Wonder how he got V20 hmmmm.?

5 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

don't now why anyone's flapping its only 12 layouts that are blacklisted and these can be reopened if you know what you're doing (which i don't atm lol)

12 layouts out of 1000's i think i can live without playing them in v20, i still use v6.1 for partytime as too slow in v19+

Because a few of those 12 I actually like playing, Barcode, IJ etc, hey I know what I'll do I'll edit the layout change the decal gradients to a slightly lighter colour then upload it as my own but I'd only be lying to myself wouldn't I.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A:E said:

What are you talking about BigJ, I don't understand what you are saying there?  You don't have to re-release them, I'm sure you can play them in private?

J

Nah mate you're alright it is my choice as stay true to myself bud, besides I want to work towards layout creating and still dabble but want it to be my own. If I ever become a Dx'er I would be sure to target all the blacklisted layouts, create them myself then shut out the nonsense. If you can't beat them, make it your own, play in v20, end of discussion and that goes for any others that are blacklisted into the future.

That is my mission going into next year.

Edited by Big J
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, A:E said:

There's plenty of help if and when you require it.   Good luck in your noble quest ;)

J

Thank you for that means a lot and it least it will stop the tongues wagging and Wizard can look down and say at long bloody last Jason, you are doing something constructive for a change and I tend to agree with that, going to need a lot of patience for this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

ive noticed that going through a lot of machines ive played  no longer work in the latest emulator  (blacklisted) well ive deleted them now as they were not official anyways whats the point using a older emulator when the new one is decent enough to play the official layouts

Edited by Liverpool2008
  • Like 3