*** Wanted - Individual(s) With Time on Their Hands - OCD Tendencies ***

Geddy

Looking for person or persons who is willing to download all releases, play them, re-name them using given conventions, take snap shots, upload said snap shots here to MFME Gallery and also merge in layouts to existing zips and upload here in their respective categories.

Knowledge of CMPro would be nice if said person(s) are willing to continue to make datafiles for DIF and the wider emulation community, this usually involves making dat files monthly or there about then uploading here and various other 'emulation' places and providing 'fills' to all that ask.

If you have a passion for FME, long long hours sorting files out and huge satisfaction of at least a dozen people using your work then this job is for you.  Immediate start preferable.

Thanks.

• Sad 3
  • No 1

Not Retired from FME June 2022

@Geddy I assuming you're stepping back from what you used to do on this side - so thank you for your help so far - you have been brilliant.  This have been a brilliant service you have given.

With regards to the uploading here - a lot of damage can be done if it's done wrong - so we'll be pausing that for the moment in terms of what we have in the Legacy Section.

I'll take over the backend rom stuff plus putting the snapshots the gallery - could you please at least get it upto date as of close of play tomorrow and I'll take on those duties from Monday ?

That would be a great help to me.

Cheers and again, thank you for all you've done.  You've been brilliant.

• Like 5

Geddy, what you have done for this scene over the years has been brilliant and whilst I have dipped in and out of FME I have always known that I can contact you at anytime to get back up to speed. 

Without your hard work over the past 20 years we would not have had the back catalogue of every layout available to us.

Thank you for everything you have done mate.

• Like 8

Totally respect your wishes, sadly, things will never be the same within fme and another sad day to see you step back from a hobby you dedicated part of your life and time to.  :(

Hope you are doing ok Ian.

All the best going forward mate.

It feels like we need some kind of meet up, or a mass video meeting online with that rambling old fool Degsy as our host. ;)

J

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Geddy gave more then most would ever know for what he did over the years. 

When lockdown was happening ( wave 1 ) he spent months and months working on all the legacy stuff.

With him stepping away, to be honest, I don't give two shits about as for me - the most important thing is his health and well being as he to me is far more important then what he did as a person, not the service he provided.  I would take a "well and happy Geddy" over one that is not - any day.

I hope that with dropping what he was doing that was all 100% off his own back including all the time and effort with to be honest thankless tasks in terms of it was behind the scenes stuff, that he feels this is no longer a burden.

I hope that he can enjoy layouts that people make without the tombstone of knowing that he has to make dat files, perpare roms, update the legacy area and update the gallery.

From today...

• The legacy area is now time-locked - no more updates.  The combination of that plus the download area for new stuff gives you everything anyway.
  • I will update the Gallery and the back-end stuff.  The gallery will now have the file area and the date of the file to make it easier to find in the downloads.
    Super Star - Bellfruit - 041020

Ian, thank you for everything - as I said before - you've been brilliant and now if you can, enjoy this hobby with no strings and no expectations.

Thank you.

Harvey.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

I admit I am being selfish but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from as feel I actually know you (You know where I'm coming from with that too), as I have said don't be a stranger and pop in from time to time if you can/feel like it, will miss that crazy sarcastic and awful sense of humour😉😂

Just stay happy and healthy.

All the best for the future and good luck on all your travels😊

Jason

• Like 2

Thanks for all your effort over the years geddy. you are definitely one of the many mvps in this scene. from your early classics, general help, dat running, layout service and recent legacy layout efforts, multi quote master in the heights of drama :P and probably countless other things behind the scenes. your imprint on the scene will never be forgotten either :) 

Cheers Geddy :) 

• Like 2

Thanks for everything, made things much easier for me to see if a machine has been released or if I've been missing layouts etc...

It must have been a monotonous and time consuming task as well. I'd have given up after the first 10 layouts, as I hate routine.

I like how people seem to be thinking you are going away completely from FME, when you haven't indicated that at all. As we know, no one ever truly leaves FME and several of us of course keep in contact on Facebook as well.

• Like 2

Cheers Ian for all you have provided for the scene over the years,and for the help you have provided me with on numerous occasions.

I hope you are not flying the nest and will continue to be here in the background.

best wishes to you for whatever you do next.  :D

Your services will surely be missed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Big J said:

My apologies mate.

There's no need for apologies, it was just a general vibe I was getting from this thread.

Geddy has been around for far too long, just to leave FME and the people behind.

But it must have been like having an unpaid second job and one that possibly more time consuming then an actual full time paid job. I don't blame him, for saying enough is enough.

Several members have archived FME from day 1 on their own hard drive. The main job, was to make that archive freely available at the click of a mouse. Geddy as far as I can see, has achieved that massive feat. So if you want a layout released in 2002 you've got it. You've got the roms for it and you've got a picture of the layout and it works in the newer versions of MFME. That's incredible when you think about it.

From this point onwards, we go back to having people having the full archive on their hard drives. We know there are no more versions of MFME, so we know that anything released now, will work in the newer emulators.

But the main thing is, we also know that out there on people's hard drives are a full archive of FME goodness.

• Like 1

Friggin good point, I keep forgetting I haven't been here over a decade like you but feels like I have. Suppose there does come a time when one has to say they have done all they can over the years, Reg will keep it tip top until the time comes where someone else takes the proverbial baton.

Thanks for straighten that out and filling me in.

Edited by Big J
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear your stepping back mate,you have been a valuable part of mfme and emulation all together from all the time I've been in this scene. You have helped and provided info to me over the years that I will be grateful for always. I hope you dont disappear altogether. I've taken a step away as it feels strange to me still atm. We all deal with stuff in different ways.

Mine is normally bury my head in the sand,but that's my coping mechanism to shitty news like we've had over this last couple.of months. I will be back uploading layouts at some point. I would've never thought an emulation scene would have such an impact on my life and how I feel. But that just goes to show how many GOOD people are here and make fme what it is. All the very best from me mate,thanks for everything. 

• Like 5