How Autoplay got added to MFME

Reg

11 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

This has been requested quite a few times via comments on YouTube and PMs here and elsewhere, and I'm nothing if not amenable to finally getting around to doing something after months of prevarication and eventually feeling slightly guilty that I haven't done it yet.

@Chopaholic will watch that new video later today.

Worth sharing a little history on this feature if anyone is interested.

You would not believe the work I had to put in to get Chris to add this - this was firmly due to me going on and on and on and a game called Club Coronation Street.

Over a period of about a month there was many - many - many nights of nagging.

At about the same time we were looking at Club Coronation Street and I had down a really shitty ( unlreased DX ) of it.  This was the Monopoly one.

My vision was I wanted machines to feel play and random when you started, a system where you could control key presses via MFME and program them to do what you wanted.  I also had come to understand some machines needed buckets of money into settle as well and I simply did not have the time to do this overnight but my PC could for me so my plays would be a little more realistic.

Chris was never for this to start off with.

What tipped the balance I recall was he wanted to get the machine jackpot ready on the cash pots and playing it was becoming a tedious nightmare because of every couple of spins, Vera would pop up wanting you to nudge and it was just taking an age.

You could not believe how slow these nudges were making gameplay, then it clicked with Chris that this did have a use !

The first version of this didn't have the %'age options for the buttons and the menu was about half the size it was.

This isn't the first version, but an earlier version of the menu before I asked for Save / Load to be added.

When MFME came out with this I was so excited for the possiblities that it brought along.

What I also liked was if the machine was busy doing something it would still work through the menu so at times, even correct key presses would be skipped if a sample was playing or anything like that.  That gave even more randomness.

DOND_TheCrazyChair_Auto.png.dda25310cab932da0d2b58f52d735364.png

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Dougsta said:

Autoplay is a brilliant addition to MFME. The simple ideas are always the best.

Did Chris ever mention what Autoplay uses as its RNG for the percentage chance settings? Just interested, that's all.

No - I never asked.  To be honest, I was so pleased that he added it and when it was in, I pretty much shut up about it beyond the save / load bit. 

I had got my way - and had learnt over the years that when you got victories like this, you moved onto the next goal of what you wanted to see added.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To add a little more to this as I just found a picture I was looking for that I could not find when I posted the comments above.

Having become aware that machines needed to settle I wanted to put 10K through on one machine, that should have been enough for it to be happy.

What this screen shot shows, is how accurately Random Gold stuck to its percentage.

This has not been modified or messed with in anyway and the machine was set to 84%.

I was shocked that on Autoplay it would produce the perfect output and it did.

Perfect.png.a36c3d61c0532a82ca221e8ad8be20c9.png

Here is the attached ram file with a few more plays on top of that.

RandomGold.rar

• Like 2

I've got it going on the electrical mech Hot Dog.
The thing is I've used Cheat Engine's speedhack so a spin/cycle is 1 second, or 10p a second.
I've deliberately left out the 'hot dog feature' so it will it stop when it comes up.
Up to £162 in at the at the mo at 45%, may leave it running when I'm out tomorrow.

14 hours ago, Reg said:

To add a little more to this as I just found a picture I was looking for that I could not find when I posted the comments above.

Having become aware that machines needed to settle I wanted to put 10K through on one machine, that should have been enough for it to be happy.

What this screen shot shows, is how accurately Random Gold stuck to its percentage.

This has not been modified or messed with in anyway and the machine was set to 84%.

I was shocked that on Autoplay it would produce the perfect output and it did.

Perfect.png.a36c3d61c0532a82ca221e8ad8be20c9.png

Here is the attached ram file with a few more plays on top of that.

RandomGold.rar 1.66 kB · 0 downloads

Have you tried sitting with it for a bit and manually doing things, had to do that earlier when one of the machines were really taking the piss. Done about 7 now but have multiple emulators open on two Pc's. This is fun hehehe

On 26/09/2020 at 23:03, wayfinder said:

I've got it going on the electrical mech Hot Dog.
The thing is I've used Cheat Engine's speedhack so a spin/cycle is 1 second, or 10p a second.
I've deliberately left out the 'hot dog feature' so it will it stop when it comes up.
Up to £162 in at the at the mo at 45%, may leave it running when I'm out tomorrow.

Be interested to the outcome of this on an Electro

On 27/09/2020 at 00:12, Big J said:

Have you tried sitting with it for a bit and manually doing things, had to do that earlier when one of the machines were really taking the piss. Done about 7 now but have multiple emulators open on two Pc's. This is fun hehehe

No LOL !

• Haha 1