My Video Memorials to Wizard

Chopaholic

I'll link this video first as it's the later one, this is bringing together the tributes from all of us and the uplifting knowledge that Chris's family found out at his funeral about how many lives he had touched and made such a difference to.

My heartfelt thanks to the members here at DIF who made getting the message to him possible, and to Harvey for being the bedrock of the scene at this awful time.

Thank you Chris - you made a difference in this world that most of us could never even dream of accomplishing.

This is the earlier video from the day I found out about his passing.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Awesome 4
  • Sad 2

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Thanks so much for this video, which is heart felt and respectful.

I'm not the best with words but I am at the same point with you on how it feels running MFME now without it's creator being present. I hope that feeling changes with time.

Great to hear Bungle's guitar track as well.

I really hope you continue with your FME videos because I really enjoy them and it provides another angle to FME which is just not text based.

I have to be honest in all of this lately I have really missed the days or IRC when we could have chatted in real time about things.

What this community has done here over the last few days has been amazing and I am proud to be part of it even though we fall on hard times now.

• Like 10

Degsy.....tears mate tears. Thank you!!!  for that tribute to a great person. Chris pushed the boundaries every time a new update came along, theirs still lots to do with what Chris left us, plus all the remakes of back catalogue. Theirs still huge amount of work to be done. Desert island, the members, the scene, are not going anywhere.

Edited by evo1
  • Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Well.... for starters you know I cannot watch that video again you did firstly, you know what will happen but on to the second one I did not get upset (tbh a little choked) and just smiled a little for a few things that you said. Managed to gain a bit of strength from your lovely and positive words so very much appreciate that.

@evo1 is right about lots to do but in our own time though:)

Thank you for your video Alex it was a breath of fresh air and especially love the ending of the scenery.

Edited by Big J
  • Like 6

Very nice Degsy, well done. You’ve been very respectful but managed to draw some positives from this awful situation.

One thing I’d love to see is a video that goes through the main milestones of MFME from the very beginning, with a focus on Chris’s work down the years. Chris was all about the task at hand, so it somehow seems appropriate to celebrate him that way. Also, many won’t understand the true scale of what he has achieved across 2 decades. 2 damn decades! I know this isn’t an easy task, so it’s something to consider if/when you are ready.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

I'll link this video first as it's the later one, this is bringing together the tributes from all of us and the uplifting knowledge that Chris's family found out at his funeral about how many lives he had touched and made such a difference to.

My heartfelt thanks to the members here at DIF who made getting the message to him possible, and to Harvey for being the bedrock of the scene at this awful time.

Thank you Chris - you made a difference in this world that most of us could never even dream of accomplishing.

This is the earlier video from the day I found out about his passing.

Hi @Chopaholic and thank you so much for sharing this. I've only watched the most recent video, as I fear the first video you made may make me too emotional today.

Everything you said was absolutely spot on. 

Cannot thank @Reg enough for bringing the light to our family with the letter he sent to the funeral directors about Chris and his legacy.

I don't have much more to say, other than words of thanks to all of you who are taking the time to honour my uncles memory. I have been keeping up to date with each new message in Wizards Rest and I imagine I will for some time to come. 

Thank you also to he who made that beautiful guitar track. My PC unfortunately won't let me download it even though I downloaded an RAR converter.. Clearly technical genius isn't genetic 😂

Thanks again, and I will keep reading all that you post about my dear uncle. 

Amy. 

Edited by WizardsNiece96
Spelling error
  • Like 25