The Day I almost moved in to Wizard's...

Reg

This is a very brief tale that I think will bring a smile to peoples faces...

...there was once a day that I walked up to the door where Chris lived and knocked on the door.  He opened the door and his face was an absolute cross between shock / horror and what is happening.

There I was standing on on his door step, car parked at the edge of the road where he lived with a very large suitcase next to me that look like it belonged in an airport depature lounge.  Painted across his face was a WTF look that was priceless.

We were friends, but that did not mean he needed a house guest !

So what happened to this point...

...years ago, @Gary collected a whole lot of resources for machines.  This included glasses and reel bands.

Gary and I were talking on ICQ that day ( that shows how long ago it was ) and he says he was getting rid of them.  I said that I wanted them and could I collect and the answer was yes, the problem was they were in Leeds.  I popped up that day.  Gary did not tell me quite how many he had, there were crates and crates of these from all kinds of machines, even non-UK ones.

Back home, the missus was not pleased that I had all of these, the loft was always constantly full of crap and rubbish and this was just more clutter for her to be annoyed about.

Over the weeks and months I used to send some of them over to Chris taking photos and passing them over until the day I stopped...

...this was the day that I walked up to the door where Chris lived and knocked on the door.

What had happened inbetween, was aside from all the relevant banter that I had with him - I had asked to give him the bands.  I truely thought that he was paying attention when he said yes as I told him it would be at some point over the next two weeks.

He had clearly forgotten this and when I did turn up - it was WTF !

That was just such a silly priceless moment that will be with me forever.

I then spent the evening with him messing about on his machines and got to see the garage again which I always loved doing every time I was there.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

This and others are priceless, treasured memories that you've shared together...

Keep them safe and close in your mind and Chris will never be far away from you, in thought and maybe spirit too.

As a personal friend, I know this can't be easy for you.

Love Daryl x

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

56 minutes ago, Daryl said:

This and others are priceless, treasured memories that you've shared together...

Keep them safe and close in your mind and Chris will never be far away from you, in thought and maybe spirit too.

As a personal friend, I know this can't be easy for you.

Love Daryl x

Spirit most certainly, well someone reset my game and it wasn't me. Would gladly accept that and thought it was funny at time in an dually upsetting mood until I was advised to stop MFME and quite rightly so (Christian knows my obsession and I proudly admit it).

A lovely post Daryl and that post made me laugh Reg, glad someone has put a smile on my miserable face and it is little things like this that lift me/us.

Thank you

• Like 6

• 1 year later...