The Saddest Day

Reg

Relatively new to the fruit machine emulation scene but I have been using them to keep me occupied and not to gamble with real money during these horrible and stressful times for all of us in the world. Nothing but respect for the man who invested so much of his life into something he was so passionate about, gone too soon. Rest in Peace Chris.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Chopaholic said:

An early and clumsy attempt from me, I'll do something better in the next couple of weeks, maybe get some input from other scene members and create a fitting tribute for Chris if folks are up for it, these are just my first raw reactions.

Truly terrible news.

Alex,

Beautiful, I too shed a tear at the news on reflection, 

Mike

• Like 3

Totally lost for words ,It just brings home how fragile life is and how little time we have 😢 R I P Wizard and remember you are not completley gone from us until the last person on this earth stops remembering you or the things you have accomplished and the sheer joy given to this and many communties which share the same passions and interests will be a very very long time if not an infinite amount of time i hope.

AK45

• Like 10

For Fruit Machine Preview Video's    https://www.youtube.com/@akfortyfive4574/playlists

These video's created by me are solely to showcase the talent of the creators and all who helped in bringing these machines to life,they are in no way a guide on how to play the machine or show how to exploit it

It doesn't seem anything like 20 years ago since Chris released his amazing work, I have lots of great memories of playing various layouts, being on Fruit Forums and checking in daily. I felt like part of a community, and it all came about through the emulator.

It will take a long time before it sinks in Chris is no longer with us. RIP Wizard, Legend

• Like 7

Like Chopaholic, I felt the need to somehow say Thank You to Chris. 

This has really made me feel gutted that I fell away from the scene for so long. And as I write this now, I have to think there's one thing I haven't mentioned and I so wish I had now... not only am I grateful for his emulators and the enjoyment they brought to me, but for bringing this whole gang of us together in the first place. I've made some REAL friends as a result of FME, many of us would likely have NEVER crossed paths without the scene. And that's all thanks to Chris too.

Edited by Fishsta
  • Like 17
  • Sad 1

I would not ever want to jump in on a thread,but is there anything come back from.the police report on what happened or maybe a family contact who could let us know why we lost our mfme god. I hope it was a painless departure from us all. Ps not wanting to sound selfish in any way,would me alot to know he didn't leave us being alone.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

I would not ever want to jump in on a thread,but is there anything come back from.the police report on what happened or maybe a family contact who could let us know why we lost our mfme god. I hope it was a painless departure from us all. Ps not wanting to sound selfish in any way,would me alot to know he didn't leave us being alone.

Speaking for myself, if I ever find out I will post here.  I know nothing more then I have said. 

Just woke up from falling asleep on the sofa finding it hard to believe that this thread even exists - and I was the one that hit Submit. 😒

As @JRSC01 has just said, seems very surreal.

I keep wanting to check online users to see him there.

• Like 5

Just now, Reg said:

Speaking for myself, if I ever find out I will post here.  I know nothing more then I have said. 

Just woke up from falling asleep on the sofa finding it hard to believe that this thread even exists - and I was the one that hit Submit. 😒

As @JRSC01 has just said, seems very surreal.

I keep wanting to check online users to see him there.

I know it just seems very sudden. Can we have a dedicated 'Wizards Day' as a rememberance to him on the site? I still dont believe it, and at 55 years, he isnt even old...

• Like 6

Can't sleep myself either, have slung on some Star Trek TNG to see if it will help and have it in my head that when I wake up none of this has happened. It will take me quite a while before it fully sinks in.

*Edit*

Was going to suggest that above and is a great idea but it is already hard enough to accept it.

Edited by Big J
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, JRSC01 said:

I know it just seems very sudden. Can we have a dedicated 'Wizards Day' as a rememberance to him on the site? I still dont believe it, and at 55 years, he isnt even old...

If when the time comes maybe a new collection , maybe for his favourite charity or even a gambling related charity 

a pot where if you want you can donate whatever you can say minimum £5 leave it open till say end of the year??

• Like 3

I never new you , spoke to you or even messaged, but I find myself compelled to leave a comment  to pay my respects and thank you for everything that you have done for the community for Fruit Machine Emulation and what MFME has become. 20 plus years of work and dedication into a something that so many of us have loved and enjoyed and without you it just wouldn't exist. I hope that you can look down from above and be proud of your legacy. Taken from this world far too soon, but never to be forgotten. 

RIP Wizard

• Like 5

Just watched your video @Fishsta, very touching and so true. 

Like with Chase Invaders, I remember when I did the first Mazooma flip card machine in the emulator, Stir Crazy.

Wizard messaged me to say thanks for taking on one of these machines, as he thought with 72 cards needing to be made from scratch and the machines manual, needed in some cases, no one would do one.

It truly made me want to do another one, despite the time it took and me having no artistic skills. And then made me want to do several more and improve the ones I'd already done, with a new style, I adopt today.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

Hello Chris, 

I wanted to say thank you for a few things, if you've the time.

I want to thank you for always being patient when I was finding it difficult to get my first layouts off the ground.

I also want to thank you for your dedication to the scene and emulator throughout. For listening to us and maybe even at times placating us. It is still a shock to think as Degsy said that this emulator was being updated as recent as the end of June.

But more importantly...I want to thank you for being the driving force behind the scene which I have been a part of for fifteen years and counting. It is you to whom I owe the creation of a lot of very good friendships, and sanctuary in difficult times.

We never met but we sometimes talked. One day let's all meet at that great big retro arcade jn the sky.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

• Reg unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic